Ms. O'Quin's Class
Update: Week of 1.5.16
This week in Kindergarten...
- Revisit Story Retell with a Focus on at Least Three Events
- Review Characters/Setting
- Inferencing Character Actions
- Text to Text
- Count Phonemes Manipulate
- Initial Phonemes
- Introduce Strokes and Line Placement for Mm and Aa on Lined Paper
- Recognize Complete Sentences
- Writing Sentences
- Fiction Piece – Moment in Time
- Understanding Addition and Subtraction
- Winter Trees
- Good Citizens and Patriotic Holidays
Water Bottle: Students are encouraged to bring a SPILL PROOF water bottle with them to school each day.
Extra Clothes: Please make sure your child has an extra change of clothes in their backpack each day in case of accidents.
Birthdays: We celebrate birthdays at 2:15 PM. If you would like to send cupcakes or cookies for your child's birthday, please have them in the office before this time. Please understand, district policy limits this celebration to store bought cookies or cupcakes. No party favors or juice allowed.
Snack Time: Donate to ou community snack supplies today! Suggestions are: Goldfish, Animal Crackers, Pretzels, Cheez-Its, Saltines, etc.
Box Tops: Please clip Box Tops and send with your student to school! Money from the Box Tops goes directly back to our classroom!