By Jerrey G.
What is it?
Bipolar disorder are on of several medical conditions called depressive disorder.
Symptoms and Signs of mania include:
- Racing speech and thoughts
- Increased energy
- Decreased need for sleep
- Elevated mood and exaggerated optimism
- Increased physical and mental activity
- Excessive irritability, aggressive behavior, and impatience
- Poor judgement
- Reckless behavior, like excessive spending, making rash decisions, and erratic driving
- difficulty concentrating
- inflated sense of self-importance
Symptoms and signs of depression include:
- Loss of interest in usual activities
- Prolonged sad or irritable mood
- loss of energy or fatigue
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Sleeping too much or inability to sleep
- Drop in grades and inability to concentrate
- Inability to experience pleasure
- Appetite loss or overeating
- Anger, worry, and anxiety
- Thoughts of death or suicide
How does it affect someone?
- Affects the person attitude
- They have "wave" attitudes
- Start to have different feelings about other people
How is it diagnosed?
- Its not fully diagnosed
How is it treated?
When doctors can diagnosed the type of bipolar disorder the person has, they can treat them with: Counselings psychotherapy
Other names or form?
- Manic depression
- Manic- depressive illness/ disorder
- Bipolar mood/effective disorder