The Patriot Parent Connection
2020-2021 School Year: Volume 2
We have completed our first full week of school and, fortunately, have not had to report any positive cases of Covid-19 on our campus. However, it would be irresponsible to not be prepared if and when a case does arise. As I have watched other schools in our district navigate positive cases on their campuses, I wanted to make sure our families are aware of the protocols we have been told to follow by FCS and the Department of Health. Please watch the video below so you and your family are prepared in the event your student is subject to a direct exposure on our campus.
Have you ordered a yearbook?
- Attendance will be taken daily as usual.
- If your child is absent, please send in their excuse note or doctor's note within 5 business days.
- Feel free to contact teachers or Danielle Worley (email@example.com) to notify them of an absence, especially if you anticipate your child being out more than one day.
Students Attending Forsyth Virtual Academy online
- Attendance will be taken weekly, based on work completion.
- As long as your student is logging into ItsLearning regularly and completing work in a timely manner, they will be marked present.
- If your student is too ill to log into itsLearning to complete work, please notify their teacher and Danielle Worley (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make them aware of the absence.
Are you ready for some football?
- Social distancing in the stands (sit by households six feet apart from other households)
- When not social distancing, wear a mask
- Supervise children in your care and monitor their application of safety precautions
- Bring hand sanitizer and use throughout the game
- Try to bring exact change for gate tickets to cut-down on the exchange of bills ($4/student; $6/adults; $3/seniors 65+, FCS retirees, & veterans)
School Picture Day
Picture day is coming! During the day on Aug. 26 & 27th students will have pictures taken. More information can be found on our website. Smile big, Patriots!
August 26: Last Names A - L, during Connections
August 27: Last Names M-Z, during Connections
August 27: FVA, 5:00 - 6:30 in the gym (please park in the bus lot and enter through gym doors)
Thank You to all that have joined!!
A heartfelt thank you to all our parents and staff members who joined PTSO before school even started! We are stronger together and appreciate all our PTSO does to support Liberty students!
It's NOT too late to join!! Just go to My Payments Plus!
Note from the Patriot Clinic
With each new school year, it is necessary to update all medical files in the school clinic. If your child has a medical condition (i.e. allergy, asthma, seizure, diabetes, or other specialized care) that needs to be treated at school and you have not done so already, please notify Nurse Sommer. Any Health Care Plans from the previous school year must be updated and signed by your child’s physician. Remember that in order to carry emergency medication you must also have the “Authorization for Student to Carry” form completed by the physician as well. If your child previously had a health condition on file that has been resolved, please let the school nurse know.
You can locate these forms on our website: HERE.
Thank you and I look forward to helping make LMS a safe and healthy environment this school year.
770-781-4889 ext. 290120
Dropped Off Items in Front Office
Due to increased health and safety measures and to cut down on exposure to the front office, we are asking that you refrain from dropping of items in the front office for your student this year. Please rest assured:
- Forgotten water bottle? Our cafeteria sells bottled water, and we have brand new refill stations for student use.
- Forgotten lunch? Our cafeteria is fully prepared to feed all students and allows a 1x charge. Please also make sure your student has money on their account on My Payments Plus in the event they forget their lunch or water bottle.
- Forgotten mask? We have plenty of extras on hand and are happy to provide them to students.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times!
General Health Precautions
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building, but we encourage students to bring their own, as well.
- Our custodians will be sanitizing classrooms every afternoon. If you want to send cleaning wipes with your student to wipe down surfaces before use, please just make sure they are not bleach-based products.
- It is the expectation of staff and students to wear masks, if they are able. We want to be able to maintain face-to-face instruction all year. In order to do so, we MUST work to keep each other safe; mask-wearing is a significant part of this.
Use this guide to address common tech issues and find ways to make your digital world more user-friendly.
We are continuing to work on car line procedures to increase efficiency while maintaining safety. Please do the following to help this process:
- Do Not fill the LEFT LANE until 4:00 P.M. This lane is to be left open for access in case of emergency.
- At 4:00, the RIGHT lane vehicles should pull all the way to the front door and the Left Lane may begin filling. Please begin the double lane merge at this time.
- Please stop and allow for Matt employees and buses to exit (refer to map).
- After safely coming to a complete stop once you have passed the sign pictured in front of Liberty, use HANDS-FREE technology to text your student that you are approaching the front of car line.
- If you are picking-up more than one student, please be sure you are able to text all students in your carpool.
- If your student does not have a phone or you don't have hands-free technology, no worries! We will dismiss students unable to receive texts during the second round of car rider dismissal.
- PULL ALL THE WAY FORWARD as you approach the loading zone.
- Encourage your student to be actively looking for you so they can load your vehicle quickly.
- Encourage your student to distance and wear their mask while waiting for you to arrive. We are sending this message; please help us reinforce it.
- Safely pull out and exit to the LEFT once your student(s) is buckled in your vehicle.
Above all, please model safe and courteous driving for our students. Thank you for helping to make this a smooth ending to our school day.