High School Highlights
REINVENTING THE URBAN SCHOOL EXPERIENCE TOGETHER
October 12-18, 2015
A New Look to the Newsletter
The First Six Weeks' Dashboard was forwarded to you last night. Please be sure to review that with your campus leadership team, analyze it and make any adjustments necessary. If there is anything I can assist with, please let me know. One of my goals is to provide support to each campus in the way each campus needs or wants that support.
You will see last week's attendance below. Remember, the year's goal for high schools is 93.3%. If your school is not where you want them to be, now is the time to act and create or solidify the systems to get as many students in class as often as possible.
Heads Up on Upcoming Discussions: At the next principal's meeting some of the topics we will be discussing are:
- Literacy: What structures and practices can teachers have in place?
- Law change: School year based on the number of minutes in school, not days
- Showcases for incoming 9th graders - possibly hosting a North and a South Day
- Student Sharing 2.0: Where do we go from here?
I will also be scheduling graduation meetings with principal and graduation contact. This will happen before the end of first semester. We will review your commencement program and review deadlines, especially for the program. This will help the High School Office understand your program and ensure the Erwin Center is aware.
Reminders from the Previous Principal's Weekly
See the email from Edmund Oropez for details
- Create a Gallop Poll for Feedback from Your Students
- Vote on the 2016-2017 Calendar (Link Below in this Newsletter)
- Let's Talk AISD Launches (Link Below in this Newsletter
- National Gardening Grant Application is Due Dec 1
- Vertical team Application for 2016-17 Creative Learning Initiative is Due Dec 1
Have You Conducted Your Required Drills?
Professional Development Opportunities
Oct. 12-18 , 2015
- 6:30 Board Dialogue
- Volley games Everywhere!!!
- 6:00 BAC Meeting: Boardroom
- PSAT Testing! Good Luck Everyone
- No Place for Hate Applications Due
- 5:30 - 6:30 Information/Feedback Session for the Campus Administrator Performance Review (CAPR) @ Boardroom
- Good Luck Volleyball and Football Teams
- 9:30 am Hopefest @ Reagan High School
* 10/21 Principal's Meeting (UT Club)
* 10/22 Late Start
* 11/11 Veteran's Day Parade..... Is your school participating?