The Navigator Newsletter
Sycamore Junior High's Parent Communication
January 28 - February 1
Coming Up at the JH
Mark Your Calendars:
February 8 - 3rd Quarter interim grading period ends
Meet the new Interim Assistant Principal for 8th grade
Grade Level Meetings
The Administrative Team will be meeting with each grade level to talk about the outstanding job they have done so far this year. We will be reinforcing our Sycamore JH expectations of being respectful, being safe, being responsible, and being a problem solver. We will also be addressing the importance of making smart choices with cell phones and social media. Please help reinforce these expectations with your child at home! Thank you!
It's time to turn in those Box Tops you've been saving! We will be collecting them until Friday, Feb 8th for our next turn in date. Please help our school raise money with this easy no-hassle fundraiser! The collection box is in the school lobby. Any questions contact Kim Fidanza (email@example.com) or Ann Uhlman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Congratulations: OMEA District 14 Honor Band/Orchestra
From the COUNSELORS
Dear 7th Grade Parents/Guardians,
Scheduling for the 2019-2020 school year is upon us! The counseling department would like to announce certain changes that will be made to the scheduling process for the current 7th graders. This year, we are incorporating an online scheduling component in which the students will be entering their course requests into an online portal. Below is a general outline of what to expect.
● Teacher Recommendation Day will be on Wednesday, January 30 where all teachers will speak with students about the course(s) recommended for them for next year.
● After Teacher Recommendation Day, a packet will be mailed home. This packet will include the students’ course selectors, which will show the teacher recommendations. Online scheduling directions will also be included in the mailer.
● Students will need to enter their course requests into the online scheduling portal by Sunday, February 10. In order to log in to the portal, students will need to use the username and password provided on the bottom of the course selector.
● During the week of February 4, the counseling team will be available during Aviator bell to assist students and answer any questions related to the online scheduling process.
● On Tuesday, February 19, verification sheets will be sent home with all students, so that course requests can be reviewed.
We look forward to working with you and your student as they plan for next year!
Administrative & Counseling Team
In case you missed it
Safer Schools Ohio
A multi-agency effort created to assist schools in continuously improving the safety of our students. By calling or texting the statewide anonymous hotline parents, students or community members can report anything that is suspicious or endangering you, your friends or your school.
Immunizations for 7th graders
If you have not turned in your child's proof of immunizations from a doctor's office, please do so ASAP. The cutoff date was September 5th.