Correia Middle School News
March 28th Update - Spring Break Week
March 29 - April 2 - Spring Break
This upcoming week, March 29 - April 2, is spring break! A modified school schedule will resume on April 5th in order to accommodate preparation for Phase 2 Reopening.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!
3/26 Onsite Learning Update
We would like to provide you with an update on the work taking place to reopen Correia Middle for onsite learning on Monday, April 12th. Please visit the Correia Middle School Onsite Learning FAQ.
- APRIL 5 - 9 - EDUCATOR PREPARATION WEEK. Students will follow a modified schedule this week. No students will be on campus during this time. Click this link for more information.
- ONSITE BELL SCHEDULE - School will start at 8:30. Students will leave campus after their third class at 12:30 AM.
- HOW MANY DAYS A WEEK WILL STUDENTS BE ONSITE? - Our goal is to offer onsite instruction for all students four days a week. Our ability to implement this model is dependent upon the number of students planning on returning. We are using the SDUSD Parent Interest Survey to measure student interest. We a close to finalizing Instructional Model numbers and anticipate having a final count of students returning to school by next week.
- SURVEY RESPONSES - Our preliminary results showed 70% of our students plan to return on April 12th. Our staff spent this week reviewing the current desk configuration in each of our 33 classrooms to determine if it was possible to fit 70% of our students in the room given the current health and safety guidelines. We will make a final decision regarding if we will follow a 4 day model or 2 day A/B model once the data is finalized.
- CLASSROOM RECONFIGURATIONS - We have already begun the process of removing furniture and reconfiguring rooms. Our initial analysis revealed that more than one classroom will need to be physically moved to another location (i.e. library or other unoccupied space) in order to accommodate the number of students returning. We expect the total number of students returning on April 12th to grow after we receive the final results early next week.
- ONSITE FAQ - We developed a parent FAQ to address questions related to schedules, entering campus, campus safety, lunch, and other related issues. Click this link to view our Onsite FAQ. This is a “living document” and will be updated as additional information is made available.
- ONSITE PERMISSION SLIP - All students returning to campus on April 12th will need to complete the SDUSD Parent Acknowledgment of On-Site School Instruction Option permission slip prior to the first day of school. Click this link to learn more.
Additional information will be provided to parents as it becomes available. Thank you for helping us prepare to welcome students online April 12th.
April 9 - End of Quarter 3
Quarter 3 ends on April 9th. Please have your students review all assignments in their Google Classrooms to ensure they are in good standing. Q3 grades will be available on or after April 16th on PowerSchool.
PrimeTime Information For Parents
2020-2021 Prime Time Updates
The Extended Learning Opportunities Department is pleased to announce that the District's PrimeTime programs will be resuming onsite support services for students beginning Monday, April 12, 2021. PrimeTime will continue to offer academic and enrichment activities in person for eligible students. Services will include three hours four days a week, immediately following the end of the regular school day. Please reach out to the Prime Time supervisor for more information.
2021-22 PrimeTime Information For Parents
Beginning Monday, March 1 at 6:00 a.m. through Friday, April 9, 2021, 9:59 pm, all families with children in elementary, middle or K-8 schools (including transitional kindergarten) interested in participating in PrimeTime will have an opportunity to apply for the 2021-2022 school year. The PrimeTime Application will be available online by accessing the San Diego Unified School District’s website. All families must resubmit an application every school year including children currently participating in PrimeTime and children on the waitlist. To complete and submit the application online, parents will need internet access and an email address to create an InfoSnap account, if one doesn’t already exist. Additional information is available in the enclosed flyer and on line at sandiegounified.org/primetime .
Please contact the Extended Learning Opportunities Department at (858) 503-1870 if you need any additional information.
Immunization News - All Incoming 7th Graders 2021-2022 Need to be Immunized
California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at TK/Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry. Parents must show their child's Immunization Record as proof of immunization. Below please see required immunizations. No Shots No School!
Merging Efforts of the Correia & Dana Associations
This link provides a quick glance at the consolidation efforts of the team. Each association will vote at their respective association meeting.
Topic: Correia Association Monthly Meeting - 3rd Tuesday of Every Month
Every month on the Third Tue, until May 18, 2021, 4 occurrence(s)
Apr 20, 2021 06:00 PM
May 18, 2021 06:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 893 4243 8819
March 29 - April 2, Spring Break
April 12 - Reopening Projection Date...Phase 2 Communication regarding Re-Opening
That’s all for today. Have a great week!