LHS Weekly Update
October 8- October 13 Homecoming Week!
Good Evening, Leonardtown Raiders!
Thursday, October 11
- Golf District Tournament, Away@ Breton Bay Golf Course @ 8:00am
- SSLAC Meeting @ BOE @ 9:00am
- Volleyball v/s Lackey, Away, JV @ 4:30pm, V @ 5:30pm
- Girls Soccer v/s Chopticon, Home, JV @ 4:30pm, V @ 6:00pm
- Boys Soccer v/s Chopticon, Awary, JV @ 4:30pm, V @ 6:00pm
- JV Football v/s Northern, Away @ 5:00pm
PSAT/NMSQT will be administered to all 9th, 10th and 11th grade students
Students and Parents,
- The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered to 10th and 11th grade students only on October 10, 2018 beginning 8:00 am.
- The PSAT 8/9 will be administered to 9th grade students on October 10th, 2018 beginning at 8:00 am.
- The PSAT is an important test. Students who perform well could earn college scholarships (11 grade).
- PSAT student guides will be distributed to students this week during English classes (for 10th and 11th grade students only, there are no hard copies for 9th graders). These guides contain information and sample test questions that will help students prepare for the PSAT.
- Parents/Students should check their calendars for appointments already scheduled for October 10, and consider rescheduling as there are no make-up dates for the PSAT.
- Students who arrive late to school will not be permitted to take the test.
- Students who did not get a guide during English can get them from Mr. Copsey.
- Please see attached digital copies
- Students must bring their own calculators.
Additional information can be found at the following links:
For information about scoring and linking to practice (9th grade)
For information about scoring and linking to practice (10/11th grade)
For sample questions and practice test answer explanations
National Merit Scholarship info
Homecoming October 8th -13th
Tuesday: Color Day
- Seniors: Red
- Juniors: Yellow
- Sophomores: Green
- Freshmen: Purple
Wednesday: Pajama Day
Thursday: Theme Day (Circle of Life)
- Seniors: Under the Sea (Ocean)
- Juniors: Amazon Adventure (Jungle)
- Sophomores: Pride Rock (Savanna)
- Freshmen: Arctic Circle (Tundra)
Friday: Spirit Day
Saturday:- Dance 7:00pm-10:pm
The dance will be from 7-10 PM on October 13th. We will be selling tickets from October 1st-5th and October 8th-10th. This year, all homecoming tickets will be sold for $20 each. Students will need to register for their homecoming ticket on FamilyID. They may pay through FamilyID or pay through cash/check at the school bank. The last day for ticket sales is 10/10/2018.
Principal's Advisory Comittee
- First annual Raider Cup
- Updated water fountains
- Raider benches in front of the school
- Speaker Dr. Kimbro to assist with defining our purpose
- Updating the cafeteria and outside doors with Raider logos
College and Career Center
There will be colleges visiting LHS in the College and Career Center.
- Tuesday October 9th - The Marine recruiter will be set up in the cafeteria during one lunch.
- Friday October 12th - McDaniel College will be in the career center during B lunch.
The ASVAB will be given on November 9th and is open to juniors and seniors. Please see Mrs. Hazlegrove in the career center to sign up.
From the Counselor's Office...
It is interim time, this marks the half way point in our first quarter, please take the time to review grades with your student on HAC.
This week, counsleor handed out senior letters and conducted senior presentations with Mr. Readyhough. Please talk to your senior about the letter and let us know if you have any questions.
Throughout the year, Guidance will send announcements and updates via Remind. To join Remind for a specific grade level, text the following bolded message to 81010:
Class of 2019 (current Seniors)- @lhs2019g
Class of 2020 (current Juniors)- @lhs2020g
Class of 2021 (current Sophomores)- @lhs2021g
Class of 2022 (current Freshman- @lhs2022g