2016 MAP Examiner Training
April 7, 2016
Important Testing Information
A Walk through the Examiner’s Manual
Assessment sequence on page 6
Universal Tools and accommodations on pages 8-21
Grade 5- Be sure students have access to Dictionary and grammar handbook (published) for writing prompt only
Use and discuss training videos
Importance of Tutorials and Practice Tests
Page 23-ALL must watch Online Training Tools- students should watch at least once more before the test- and take the practice test(s) again between April 6-13. (Not a bad idea for all test administrators to take a practice test too.)
Be sure students know how to read and use the Review/End Test page
Students miss items because of the vertical scroll bar
Be sure to look at appendix A: Item Types (pages 48-49)
Notification to Parents
Letter Home to Parents- April 8, 2016
Parent questions about universal tools- response
Students MAY USE Appendix B (p. 55-57): keyboard shortcuts and icons page during the test. COPY for students.
Instructional materials must be removed or covered.
Room set up must be done with test security in mind- not just side by side, but so that those behind others can’t see screens.
What will test day look like?
Test Tickets- pick up in the office
Two-three sessions (grade 3-4); two-four sessions for grade 5
“Pause” feature vs. Break
Required materials: scratch paper/grid paper, pencils, headphones, dictionary/thesaurus (grade 5 for essay portion of Performance Task only)
“Ending Test Sessions” - page 38-39
Tests are NOT timed.
Headphones are required for all students in session 3 of ELA. All students receiving text to speech universal tool will need headphones for math and science (grade 5).
Students should have access to scratch paper for note taking for all sessions of ELA and math.
Test examiner MUST read the scripts for administering the tests (page 32-39)
Test examiners may read/pronounce one word per sentence to any student.
Script begins on page 32
Adhere strictly to the script.
“Both written and verbal discussion of specific MAP Grade-Level Assessment items breach security and integrity of the test.”
Quality Assurance Visits?
Turn in test tickets, scratch paper in the brown envelope at the end of the day’s testing.
Turn in Test Administration Manual when you have completed testing
iPad Set Up
- Move DRC INSIGHT app and Settings app to the "home row." If DRC INSIGHT app cannot be found, follow the directions below.
- Tap the app to verify it will open correctly.
- Check the required keyboard settings (auto-correction, check-spelling, predictive should all be turned off and only the English keyboard should be used)
- Set building guided access code (4020)
- Set "allow volume control" in the DRC INSIGHT app while using guided access
- Allow practice tests taken on the iPad should be done in guided access mode with the same equipment (headphones, stylus, scratch paper, etc...) as would be used during the regular test.
Check for the "DRC INSIGHT" app on all iPads. If not on iPad, go to App Store and check "purchased apps." Some other apps, photos, or videos might have to be deleted temporarily during testing window to accommodate space for the DRC INSIGHT app.
1. Tap on the DRC INSIGHT app on all 5/6 ipads.
2. Tap on "OK' if prompted for DRC INSIGHT would like to access the microphone.
3. Tap on "assign device to ORG unit."
4. Type X1uIEN2Tg (casssensitive) then tap Add
5. Confirm your school's name is listed then tap register
6. The testing app is now configured