September 26, 2016
What a gorgeous weekend we are having! I hope that everyone was able to get outside and enjoy some family time. Before we know it, our MTSS groups will be up and running and the trees will be bursting with color.
Our building School Improvement Meeting/MTSS meeting and staff meeting are both canceled this week. I am canceling the MTSS meeting because our grade level data meetings are next week. In lieu of the SI/MTSS meeting, please use the time to score DRA tests or other assessments. I am canceling our staff meeting because we just learned about our SMART goals and Frontline at early release last week. In lieu of a staff meeting, please use the time to finalize your SMART goals and upload them to Frontline.
Leader of the Month
Please nominate your September Leaders of the Month on THIS LINK by TODAY. Details are included on the link.
We have a big week ahead with our Book Fair & SC Homecoming on Friday! Our SC Pride & Spirit Week includes:
Monday: College Day (wear your favorite college shirt)
Tuesday: Pajama Day
Wednesday: Mismatched Day AND Pep Assembly 9:15-9:45 (on the blacktop)
Thursday: Hat Day
Friday: Red & White Day (Come walk with Morrish in the parade. Line up at SCMS before 4:45. Parade begins at 5:00. The Redlich's will provide a vehicle for us to walk behind and PTO is providing candy to distribute.)
ForMar on the Road
Special thanks to Sharon for organizing our ForMar visits for first semester. Please CLICK HERE for a copy of the schedule. All dates have been added to our Morrish Staff Calendar.
The first visit is THIS Friday to 2nd grade.
Plants in Action
Send me pictures! (AND KEEP THIS TOP SECRET)
- We are going to make our staff page in the yearbook a big hit again. Last year, we had a Brady Bunch theme. This year we will put your current school picture side-by-side with a picture of you from when you were in elementary school. Please send me a picture of yourself from when you were an elementary student OR add one of yourself to THIS LINK (revised to have a place for your name and a place for your picture. Please check the link to make sure that your picture hasn't been accidentally deleted. There are also two pictures added and I am not sure who they are. If you are a classroom teacher and can send me a picture in that grade that you are teaching, that would be even better!
A small group met last week to discuss our Fall Festival. Please CLICK HERE for information about the schedule, activities, and more!
The week ahead...
- LOCKDOWN WINDOW begins! Please review procedures with students. Officer Szmansky will arrive wearing an orange coat and blowing a whistle when it is time for this drill.
- 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade STEM Lab meetings in STEM Lab during common planning times
- FIRE DRILL TODAY
- Join #COLchat at 9PM ET with special guests Sandy Cook & Jim Kitchen to discuss building a Culture of Learning with The Leader in Me
- SAT & IEP Meetings
- 9:15-9:45 Pep Assembly on blacktop
- Kdg, 1st, & 2nd Grade STEM Lab meetings in STEM Lab during common planning times
- I will be at a district leadership meeting all afternoon.
- 5:00 Homecoming Parade & 7:00 Game! #GoCreek
- Fall data meetings: October 4th and 5th (CLICK HERE for the schedule)
Swartz Creek Community Schools
MISSION: Swartz Creek Community Schools inspires our learners to embrace challenges, set goals, grow their talents, and realize their dreams for success in a global society.
VISION: Swartz Creek Community Schools provides a world class education through innovative experiences while developing the unique talents of our learners.BELIEF STATEMENTS:
- We believe in a culture of learning.
- We believe that student learning should be the primary goal for all decisions made affecting the school district.
- We believe the climate and culture of the school is engaging, nurturing, challenging, and inspires students to express their personal ideas.
- We believe curriculum is integrated, differentiated, meaningful, and pertinent to life.
- We believe in culturally relevant education that provides the knowledge and skills to meet the global challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century.
- We believe in continuous improvement informed by critical evaluation and reflection.
- We believe expanding technologies enrich how teachers teach and students learn.
- We believe in building relationships and sharing resources with our community, parents, and staff members.