The STEAM Update
Week of May 16, 2016
What's happening around STEAM
STEAM Admin Mtg (8:40am-9:40am)
Creek Valley Middle School Visit-Lewisville ISD (9:00am-11:00am)
KMS/HMS Beginning Band Rehearsal @ KMS (4:30pm-6:00pm)
KMS Spring Choir Concert @ CHS (7:00pm-8:00pm)
DLT/CLT @ Hajek (9:00am-2:00pm)
PTO General Meeting (6:30am-7:30pm)
KMS/HMS Beginning Band Concert @ KMS (7:30pm-8:30pm)
STEAM CLT (7:45am-8:25am)
Happy hump day!
Art UIL Quad County (All Day)
STEAM Wolverine Banquet (6:00pm-8:00pm)-All staff is expected to attend
- NJHS Induction/Student of the Year during banquet
STEAM Book Fair (All Day)
HMS Honors, Symphonic, and Concert Band Concert
STEAM Spring Carnival (6:30pm-8:30pm)-All staff is expected to attend
...It's how you finish.
As we wind down from STAAR testing, I think that it is important to finish strong. How we end our year is going to be the measure by which we are measured by our community. This is a great time of year to begin to engage and prepare students for the upcoming content that they will learn at the beginning of next year. The next few weeks is our chance to get an early start to next year. That said, please ensure to adhere to the following expectations:
- Teach rigorous content that engages students in a hands-on way
- Work in the Power Zone and refrain from sitting and lecturing
- Use AFL strategies to assess student learning
- Ensure that the use of video is brief, meaningful, and relevant to all aspects of the lesson
- Clear any wall coverings that were put up due to STAAR
- Ensure that your desks are not in rows
Thank you for doing your part to make sure that we end the year as strong as we began it.
STEAM MS May Calendar
arelinks to help you begin to plan for next year.
Weekly Parent Communication
***Please be sure to add homework to your newsletters for parents***
***Also, please ensure that your assignments are reflected on your Google calendar***
Please email Mr. Chappotin with how you contact your parents.