The Tribe Times
December 5, 2022
From The Desk of Mr. Allen
Our winter MAP testing window is upon us and scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday this week. Therefore, it will be very important that your scholar is in attendance and well rested. As I mentioned last week, this assessment allows us to determine each scholar's achievement and growth which are equally important. It is our goal that all of our scholars make adequate growth. We ask that you partner with us in encouraging your scholar to put forth their best effort this week!
Dudes & Donuts is on our schedule for December 9th, and we look forward to meeting the special men in our scholars' lives. We will begin accepting visitors at 7:15 a.m. and ask that visitors enter through the front doors and report to the library for donuts and to meet the special men of CGWP.
As we approach our last two weeks of this semester, we remain committed to both you and your scholar. We plan to make these last few weeks in our classrooms busy and a place that is conducive to learning. Please make sure your scholar is in attendance so we can finish out our first semester strong!
We continue to appreciate your support, dedication, and commitment to CGWP. Together, we can make a difference!
Finalizing of our PTA - VOTE ON FRIDAY
As with any election, we will always ask if anyone wants to run from the floor and any person that is interested in a particular position can put their name in at that time and run for that position.
You can sign-up to join our PTA by following the link below!
2nd Round of Basketball Tryouts on Thursday, December 8th
In order to effectively prepare, please register your scholar HERE by Thursday at 8 a.m. Scholars MUST be registered in order to stay so that we can account for all students.
- Keep in mind that your scholar will need a transportation change if they plan to stay for tryouts. This MUST be communicated, in writing, to Ms. Essence @ firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Thursday. This includes car riders who will not have a pickup at 2:45.
- If your scholar plans to tryout, arrangements will need to be made for pickup promptly at 4 p.m. at the front entrance.
- Scholars will be expected to adhere to all expectations put forth in order to participate.
Shawnica Carter will be the primary contact and can be reached at email@example.com
Dudes & Donuts on Friday
- We look forward to seeing you this week on Friday, December 9th from 7:15-7:45 a.m. Please enter through our front entrance where you will be directed to the library.
- We kindly ask that you NOT park on East Sixth St. We have a limited number of spots in our lot on East Sixth; however, there is additional parking in our lot on Keller. To enter Keller during morning drop-off, please use Alabama Ave.
- For a full MAP of our campus, including parking, please see below!
Students of the Month
- Respectful to peers and teachers
- Demonstrates responsibility
- Follow safety guidelines
- Puts forth positive effort
- Demonstrates good character through compassion, honesty, trustworthiness, optimism, and responsibility
- Maintains positive behavior and self-control
- Shows positive attitude toward others/learning
- Displays good citizenship
- Demonstrate leadership and integrity
Join our PTA
Please see more important information found HERE on the roles that will need to be filled. If you would like to serve in one of the roles, please reach out to Susan Voglesong at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are continuing to look for volunteers, and you are all great candidates for this opportunity. Our volunteer list is distributed periodically; therefore, please sign-up if you have not already. To express your interest, please complete this FORM.
We've linked the FCPS Family and Community Volunteer Handbook and the FCPS Volunteer Application. The volunteer application will be the first step in growing our volunteer numbers at CGWP. If you have any issues completing the volunteer application, please reach out to our Administrative Assistant, Desiree Marshall with your questions or concerns.
SAVE THE DATE(S)
December 6: MAP Testing
December 8: MAP Testing - Basketball Tryouts 2nd & 3rd Grade @ 3-4 p.m.
December 9: Dudes & Donuts @ 7:15 -7:45 a.m. - PTA Elections @ 3 p.m.
December 16: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
December 19 - January 2: NO SCHOOL -WINTER BREAK