Robert L. Crippen "Friday" Bulletin
Candid Collaboration--Stress will happen because we care deeply. Stress is a choice. Let it go.
Ms. Folmar created an extensive Thinking Map with Ms. Owen's 1st grade class during Character Club. Students learn about a Peacebuilder lesson, college word, and character club.
Collaboration & PD
Shout out to all 4th and 5th Grade ELAR Teachers! JM Literacy provided PD today on going deeper about Independent Reading. They observed each teacher and were thoroughly impressed.
Ms. Halbrook's class is lost in a great book.
Collaboration & PD
Upcoming Events over TWO WEEKS
- Learning Walks Week of 9/28-10/2--Harris and Hobbs
- Monday, 9/28--Math Talk with Ms. Cain during Conf Periods 2nd-5th Grade in conference room
- Tuesday, 9/29--4th and 5th Team Tuesday/Character Club
- Wednesday, 9/30--10 AM Membership Reconciliation Warm Body Count
- Thursday, 10/1--Pasteries with the Principal in the Library from 7:15-8:15 AM--for parents only to visit with C. Mayes about Crippen
- Thursday, 10/2--Monthy Staff Meeting 3:15-4:15 PM--Watched for a "Flipped Meeting" agenda coming soon with all presentations you can read before hand
- Friday, 10/2--School Custodian Appreciation Day; Chow Wagon (hamburgers cooked for you in the lounge by NCISD Central Office Staff); Crippen Night at the PHS Game at Texan Drive Stadium at 6 PM--wear your school shirt or RED
- STOMP OUT BULLIES WEEK! Learning Walks Week of 9/28-10/2--Rice
- Monday, 10/5--4th Grade ELAR Planning w/Cherie Loycano at Valley Ranch Elem 8 AM
- Tuesday, 10/6--4th Grade Math Training all day in conference room with Math Consultant Stacey Cain
- Tuesday, 10/6--2nd and 3rd Team Tuesday/Character Club
- Tuesday, 10/6--Fall Fundraiser Kickoff in cafeteria at 1:30 PM for ALL Students
- Tuesday, 10/6--Infinity Coaching for Instructional Team Leaders from 2:30-4:30 PM in the Library
- Wednesday, 10/7--Monthly Team Leader Meeting 3:15 PM Ms. Hindmarch's RM
- Thursday, 10/8--Math Planning during Conf Time K-5 w/Cindy Lutrell in Matt's Office
- Friday, 10/9--Stomp Out Bullies Family Fun Run--join us if you'd like. Last year, Mr. Franco ran 6 miles. Who can beat him?
Mortar Word / Math Maker / College Word / NIET Rubric Lesson Plan Focus
Cluca's observations contribute to the understanding of why squirrels use snakeskin by-- 4th Grade Reading 2013
NIET Rubric Lesson Plan Focus for Collaboration Meetings
At Expectations (3)
- Most learning objectives are communicated, connected to state standards and referenced throughout lesson.
- Sub-objectives are mostly aligned to the lesson’s major objective.
- Learning objectives are connected to what students have previously learned.
- Expectations for student performance are clear.
- There is evidence that most students demonstrate mastery of the daily objective that supports significant progress towards mastery of a standard.
INFORMATION FROM THE DISTRICT/CRIPPEN
- Reminder from Admin--Badges MUST be worn at all times on NCISD property during hours.
- Make sure you enter GRADES in EACH Week by Tuesday--see district grading policy
- Guided Reading Groups must Begin on Monday, 9/28 K-2nd
- DRA and EDL BOY Due September 31st for Grades 1-5
- ESTAR (Gr. 2 – 4) and MSTAR (Gr. 5) Universal Screener ~ August – October 2 nd Beginning of Year Assessment (K – 3 Math August 31st – October 4th)
- Friday, 10/2--Elementary Assistant Principal's Meeting at Curriculum Conference Room 8:30-10:30 Sheri; 10-12 Alejandra
- Monday, 10/5--Elementary Principal's Meeting Noon-3 PM at Tavola Elementary
- AP TEPSA Conference--Alejandra Cardenas 10/4-10/6
- Gretchen Bernabei Grammar Wkshop at Region 4 for 4th Grade ELAR Teachers
- Stomp Out Bullies Week October 5-9--it will be a fun-filled week of themes!
- Tuesday, 10/13--Special Ed Meeting for Prinicpal's and Principal's Technology Hour 10 AM-1 PM
- Thursday, 10/15 Admin Meeting 10:30 AM -11:30 AM
Stomp Out Bullies Week 10/5-10/9 Flyer Sent Home to All Students
Team Up Against Bullying!
Crippen Elementary 2015
Monday, October 5: Batter Up!
Wear a blue shirt to show support for “World Day of Bullying Prevention”.
Tuesday, October 6: Down...Set...Hut!
Wear a college shirt to show your support for a college team!
Wednesday, October 7: In the Zone!
Wear a pair of sport socks or crazy socks!
Thursday, October 8: Ball in Play!
Wear a team sports jersey of your choice.
Friday, October 9: On your mark...Get set...GO!Wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes for our “Stomp Out Bullies” fun run! Parents and families are invited. Each lap that a student or their family member walks/runs will receive a “lap straw”. The grade level that has the most will receive a prize! The fun run will be taking place during specials for each grade level.