SGE Family Newsletter
October 16, 2023
Para traducir esta carta al espanol, haga clic en "Translate/Traducir" a la derecha de la pantalla. Haga clic en el menu despegable para seleccionar el idioma preferido.
To translate this letter to a different language, click "Translate" on the right side of the screen. Click on the drop-down menu to select the preferred language.
Oct 16-20 - School Bus Safety Week
Oct 23-27 - Red Ribbon Week (Flyer with dress-up themes below)
Oct 27 - 1st Grade Marley Halloween
Oct 31 - Book Character Dress Up Day
Nov 1 - Picture Retakes
Nov 3 - End of the 2nd Six Weeks
Nov 3 - No School / Professional Development Day for Teachers
Nov 7 - 1st Grade Trip (Medrano, White, Lusinger, McGinty)
Nov 11 - Veterans Day
Nov 11 - Turkey Trot & Fall Carnival
Nov 15 - 1st Grade Trip (Ray, Vaughn, Sanchez, Fowler)
Nov 16 - 2nd Grade Trip
Nov 20-24 - Thanksgiving Break
Nov 27 - No School / Professional Development Day for Teachers
Nov 29 - 2nd Grade UIL Meet in Lampasas
Pick-Up Line Parents: PLEASE BRING YOUR CAR TAG EVERY DAY. An increasing number of vehicles are coming without car tags which requires additional checks in the office, radio communication, and slows the line down. Help us by ensuring your car tag is in your vehicle!
This is the last week of the Big Kahuna fundraiser! Please turn in order forms and money on Friday, October 20th!
Big Kahuna Fundraiser Information
Dear Shady Grove families,
Shady Grove's BIG KAHUNA fundraiser kicked-off today and will run through October 20th!! Students will be bringing home their packets.
This kick-off video explains the process, prizes, and how to earn prizes! https://youtu.be/w9l4D2DcwFk
- School ID - 9616
- Two ways to sell: in-person and online (registration directions on back of envelope)!
- Cash, checks (payable to Shady Grove Elem.), and money orders are accepted!
- Brochure order forms and money are due back to school on Friday, October 20th.
- Online sales website closes at midnight on Friday, October 27th.
- Products and prizes will be delivered 3-5 weeks after the sale ends.
- Turn your money in WITH your order form when you are done selling. Please do not send money without the order form.
- Sell 15 items to win the MONSTER PARTY LIMO experience!
- Family Plan - sell 20 items and all siblings that attend SGE will get to experience the limo! To qualify, all orders must be placed on 1 order form, and individual prizes must be shared by siblings within the Family Plan.
- Questions? Contact the local rep at email@example.com
The money raised in SGE's ONE fundraiser of the year will go toward campus activities such as grade level projects and supplies for family nights, educational materials, student enrichment, student incentives and staff appreciation!
Thanks for supporting our learning and fun at SGE!
Leaders of the Pack!
Our “Leaders of the Pack” have taken on a new role at SGE… morning greeters! These two young ladies help the teachers greet the students entering the building and walk alongside those who need a little extra in the mornings! These two are a perfect fit for the job because of the kindness, gentleness, and responsibility they demonstrate regularly !
Battle of the Cans - We asked, and you answered! Check out the collection of canned goods SGE donated!
Red Ribbon Week is Oct. 23-27!
SGE Attendance Tracking
SGE's ADA for this past week was 95.4%.
ADA stands for Average Daily Attendance and is defined as the total days of student attendance divided by the total days of instruction. "98 IS Great!", so 98% is our goal!
Be sure to check out our Facebook page for pictures from behind the scenes at SGE! "Shady Grove Elementary School - BCISD"
Click this link to view transportation contact information, bus service registration, and an FAQ regarding bus transportation.
Viewing Progress Reports & Report Cards
How do I request a change in transportation?
Submit an email on the same day as the transportation change request by 1:30 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following details in the email:
- Student’s full name
- Student’s grade level
- Student’s homeroom teacher
- The transportation change you want made for today (bus rider to car rider or car rider to bus rider)
Requests made after 1:30pm will not be processed. Notes, phone calls, text messages and emails sent to any other email will not be processed.
Shady Grove Elementary School
7:15am Office Opens
7:40am School Begins
7:45am Tardy Bell
9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
1:30pm Transportation changes due, please email: email@example.com
3:20pm Student Dismissal
4:00pm Office/School Closes