What a little birdie told us
week of September 23, 2013
We plant trees not for ourselves, but for future generations. ~Caecilius
- Attend class connects for time with your teacher daily
- Work through each lesson, take your time, do not rush!
- Ask questions!!!!
- YOU are worth the investment! The more time your invest, the deeper your roots of education become, the stronger potential for your future!
What's happening in Study Island?
Create a report: tips for parents!
Creating a Report and Using the Study Island Benchmark Test results:
- Log-in with the student account
- Click on My Reports
- Select Individual Summary Report
- Click on Benchmark Total – this produces an individual benchmark report for the parent for the subject
- Look at the % correct the student received in each of the areas (the # refers to how many questions were asked for each standard)
- The student should do extra practice on the standards in which they scored low—the parent can get an idea of specific indicators for each topic by looking at the completed lessons in the student account for each subject and which ones the students have received blue ribbons. (70% correct on total questions) The lesson topics without blue ribbons should be the highest priority in working toward mastery and/or extra practice.
There is still time to finish your MATH and READING Scantron....
•School ID: 53-1309-5704
•Student ID: check with your advisor if you need this
•Complete MATH and READING assessments only
If you have any problems, please contact your ADVISOR!
Taylor A., 9th Grade
Pittsburgh renaissance festival with Grandma
Madison C., 10th Grade
Aaron L., 11th Grade
Drawings: Catwoman, Elizabeth and Optimus Prime
Cat D., 9th Grade
MaryFrancis W., 10th Grade
Congrats to Mary, who will made it through auditions and will be competing in the Hospice Talent show!! WAY TO GO!
Kailah P., 11th Grade
THIS WEEK! GET HELP LIVE WITH OHVA STAFF: SUPPORT = SUCCESS
The week of September 23....Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Fri
Many locations throughout the state! Check the link below for a location/time near you!
Meet OHVA staff face to face to support you and answer your questions!
HOW TO RECORD FACE TO FACE EVENTS
Use this link to record your student's attendance from an OHVA event.
Don't forget to mark the time at a Face-to-Face event in your weekly attendance log!
We want to hear from YOU!!!!
For any questions you do have, please remember to contact your Advisor, Teachers, School Counselor and Principals for help! You have a TEAM to SUPPORT you!