March 23 - 27 at Central Elementary
- Positive office referrals from Mr. Bolton and Mrs. T. Smith citing examples of student leadership and modeling of Cardinal Code;
- Sending students to the office to share student growth in reading as indicated by DRA assessment results. Thanks to Mrs. Kuzinski, Mrs. Jones and Mrs. Fritz for allowing me to share in the celebration. It was uplifting to see the smiles on kids faces and the pride in teacher's eyes!
- Comforting an anxious student during the First Grade performance. Thank you Mrs. Lane! You sat the student on your lap as if she were your own child. :)
- Mentoring a student during the lunch hour as to how to make contributions to his school. Thank you Mr. Caryl!
Thank you to all the others who also took time to praise when it may have been easier to criticize. You make a difference. You empower children...our future!
Parents and families await the start of the Grade 1 musical.
First Grade students dress as townspeople and travelers for the production of Stone Soup.
Walk a Dusty Road
This young lady was dressed the part of a weary traveler. Dirt on the clothes but a good hair day!
CAP Holds Science Fair
Students are ready to present and share ideas to visitors at t the annual Central Science Fair.
Students had the opportunity to talk with parents and visitors about their project findings.
One researcher set out to investigate the effect of different colors of light on the growth of plants.
This Week at Central
- Lance at DMS in AM for Grade 6 Hahn HIV/AIDS presentation with Karen Vobach, R.N.
- SRG Training DMS Community Rm. 4:15 -6:16 PM (Kuzinski, T. Smith, Griggs)
- Week 3 reading logs due
- Teachers pass out Week 4 logs
Tuesday, March 24
- CST Meetings/Data Room
- Lance out of building until 11 AM
- Week 3 reading minutes due on Google Doc
Wednesday, March 25
- PD 7:15 AM in Library: Academic Vocabulary
- CST Meetings 8:40 - Noon/Data Room
Thursday, March 26
- Principals' Meeting (AMR) 9:30 - 11:30 AM
Friday, March 27
- Fire Drill #4
- Monitor Meeting 10:30 - 11:15 AM in the Data Room (LT subs should attend)
- D.E.A.R. (2 AM & 2 PM)
- SuperPOP Day (Reading Reward)
March 31...Stephanie and Lance at Gates to observe Data Day (PM)
...Report Card PD with E. Chorley after-school
April 1.......Jean's Day for Cardinal Care Fund
......Table of Honor (11 AM - 1:30 PM)
April 2.....No School for Students
.....PD (3 HR.) 8 - 11 AM; K-12 PE at Central; Music & Computer Location TBA;
Counselors & Speech Pathologists location TBA w/ Mrs. Halabicky;
Grades 1- 4 and R.R. Teachers at AMR. Tpoic: Math Exchange K-6 with Matt Lobban & Linda Funsch.
.....Teacher Work day in PM. Teachers may work from home.
April 13....Return to school from Spring Break
....Student grades due for report cards by 4 PM
....Central Open House 5-6:30 PM
...Board of Education Meeting 7 PM
April 14-15...Report Cards Printed
April 16...Report Cards sent home with students
April 17...Elementary Scheduling Training for Principals and Secretaries/
Central Computer Lab from 12:30 - 3:30 PM
April 21...Parent/Teacher Conferences 4 - 6 PM
...PTO 6:15 PM in Gym/Supt. Lieske guest speaker
Fire Drill Update
Computer Lab Access/M-STEP Preparations
Third and fourth grade teachers will also need to review the administration manual released last Thursday. The link was emailed to you and teachers will find specific page references for your attention in the table on Page 1 of the Overview. Please be sure to review these instructions before Wednesday. I will also send additional correspondence regarding a detailed training session for third and fourth grade teachers. All third and fourth grade teachers will need to attend the training.