LHISD Board Briefs
Building Champions in Academics, Character, and Community
May Board Meeting 5.17.21
Student Panther Champions of the Month:
- Liberty Hill Elementary - Olivia Sims
- Bill Burden Elementary - Haley Beatty
- Rancho Sienna Elementary - Leyla Sharpe
- Santa Rita Elementary - Kyahni Zelaya
- Liberty Hill Intermediate - Lydia Miller
- Liberty Hill Junior High - Emma Faria
- Liberty Hill High School - Kelly Linzer
Teacher Panther Champion of the Month:
- Teacher of the Month - Mikyela Tedder - Liberty Hill High School
- Staff Member of the Month - Kevin Luan - Rancho Sienna Elementary
UIL State - Choir Coach: Ms. Hendrix
- Abby Byrns & Jack Coker
UIL State - Band Coach: Mr. Perrin
- Bailey Eells, Libbie Faria, Veronika Hyska & Cole Labay
Texas High School Bass Association State Championship HS Sponsor: Ms. Huppee, Fishing Team Board President: Lee Evans
- Colton O'Dell & Skyler Meuse
- Michael Evans & Holt Avery
- Bo Stubblefield & Gavin Salinas
UIL State - Journalism (News Writing) Coach Ms. Tedder
- Kennedy Bye
Communication and Information Items
- Construction Update presented by Casey Sledge
- COVID Update
- Enrollment. The current enrollment is 5,784.
- LHISD Police Monthly Report
- Financial Report. This report includes updates on tax collection, investments, expenditures, amendments, donations, and bond status.
- State Waiver for Staff Development Days
- Band instruments for Santa Rita MS
- Athletic weight room items for Santa Rita Middle School and Liberty Hill High School
- K-5 Benchmark Kits as part of the 2018 Bond.
- Staff laptops for new positions and lifecycle replacements funded with 2021 bond funds
- Student Chromebooks for new students and lifecycle replacements funded with 2021 bond funds
- Classroom displays for Santa Rita Middle School and Liberty Hill High School expansion funded with 2018 bond funds
- Approved an update on Liberty Hill ISD attendance boundaries
- Approved Guaranteed Maximum Price for MultiCampus Renovations - Package A
- Approved the Architectural Services Pool
- Approved the Liberty Hill High School Public Address System Improvements
- Approved the Superintendent to negotiate a contract for the installation of artificial turf on the competition field at Santa Rita Middle School
- Approved the order authorizing the issuance of the district's unlimited tax school building bonds, series 2021; levying a continuing direct annual ad valorem tax for the payment of the bonds; delegating the authority to certain district staff to execute certain documents relating to the sale of the bonds; and resolving other matters incident and related to the issuance, sale, and delivery of the bonds
- Approved moving Liberty Hill ISD from Phase 2 of COVID-19 protocols to Phase 3. Changes include masks optional for staff, and optional end-of-year events will be mask optional for parents.
- Accepted resignations & considered employing personnel
May Panther Champions of the Month
Liberty Hill High School
Teacher of the Month
Mikyela Tedder, Liberty Hill High School
Staff Member of the Month
Kevin Luan, Rancho Sienna Elementary
UIL State - Choir
UIL STATE - Band
UIL - Texas High School Bass Association State Championship
State Academic UIL Champion - Journalism (News Writing)
Phase 3 - COVID Protocols
Phase 3 – Data-Driven and includes latest CDC Guidance. May 18th
- All staff and students must self-check before coming to school or boarding a bus.
- Students, Staff, and Teachers will have the option of not wearing masks.
- Teachers will be encouraged to continue to wear masks when in close proximity of students
- Some teachers with health problems might require masks in close proximity in their classroom.
- Quarantines continue as listed in Phase 2
- The school will continue to notify parents and staff of any exposure.
- Parents and visitors will have the option of not wearing masks outside and at optional events inside such as the end of the year award ceremonies and parties.
Governor Issues Executive Order Prohibiting Mask Mandates in Schools after June 4
Liberty Hill Garden Club
Mr. Snell was honored to install the new Liberty Hill Garden Club officers at their May meeting.