Culver Elementary February 2017
-----------------From the Desk of Mrs. Proskey--------------
The ISTEP+ Experience
As the year has flown by we are at that dreaded time again..... ISTEP+ Testing. Therefore, I would like to welcome you to practice a sample test with your child and family. You may choose to turn it into a game like "Are you smarter than a 3rd grader?" and have some family fun. Practicing the format and encouraging problem solving will help your child do their best.
Click HERE to begin.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Proskey or Mrs. Coldiron @ 574-842-3389.
The practice doesn't give you the answers so feel free to take a picture of each response with your computer or smart phone and then check it HERE later. DON'T PEEK! If you are interested in finding out more, please visit the Indiana Department of Education website at http://www.doe.in.gov/assessment/istep-grades-3-8
ISTEP Testing- Round 1
- Feb 27- 3rd thru 6th grade ISTEP Pre-test
- Feb 28- Mar 4- 3rd thru 6th grade E/LA & Math Testing
- Mar 7- 4th thru 6th grade Science & SS Testing
- Mar 8- 10- 3rd thru 6th grade Make-up Tests
By pressing this button, you can view the official Culver Elementary School Webpage, where you can view official documents (the breakfast & lunch menu) and links to the Middle School and High School.
Special Meetings/ Activities/ Dates
No Students- Teacher Work Day
Feb. 6- Monday
5:30- PTO Meeting
Feb. 20- Monday
President's Day- No Students (possible Make Up day)
7:00- Board Meeting
Feb. 22- Wednesday
Pre-K Day (For Area Pre-Schools)
K-3 attending Ag Day at the HS
3-6 Grade- ISTEP Pretest
3-6 Grade Begin ISTEP Testing
Kindergarten Round Up
We will also be hosting a Pre-K day (during the school day) on March 22nd. Your child will be invited if they are registered by 3/21/2017. Parents will have to provide transportation.
Shakespeare Play Practice
Thurs. Feb 2- Read Script Together!
Thurs. Feb 23
Thurs. Mar 2
Thurs. Mar 9- Parts should be memorized by March 9th
Thurs. Mar 16
Thurs. Mar 23- Practice over Spring Break!
Thur. Apr 13
Thurs. Apr 20
Thurs. Apr 20
Thurs. May 4
Wed. May 10
Thurs. May 11
Wed. May 17- Practice until 5:00
Thurs. May 18- This BIG DAY!!! Dress rehearsal at 1:00, Evening Performance @ 6:30.
Basketball Practice at CES
5th and 6th grade girls basketball will be starting January 2nd. 5th and 6th grade girls who participate will need a physical on file with the school before practicing. If you played 5th or 6th grade volleyball, that physical will work for basketball. If you have any questions call Heather Overmyer at 574-952-1113.
K-4 Girls Basketball Coach: Andrea Berndt 574-842-3389
- 5th Grade 3:30-5:30 (2/6, 2/20) & 5:00-6:30 (2/13)
- 6th Grade 5:00-6:30 (2/6) & 3:30-5:00 (2/13) & 10:00-12:00 (2/20)
- 3:00-4:15 K-2 Girls BBall (2/7 & 2/14)
- 4:15-5:15 3-4 Girls BBall (2/7 & 2/14)
- 5:15-7:00 5 & 6 Girls BBall (2/7)
- 5:15-7:00 5th ONLY Girls BBall (2/14)
- 3:30-5:30 6th ONLY Girls BBall (2/21)
- 3:30-4:15 6th ONLY Girls BBall (2/28)
- 3:30-5:30 5 & 6 Girls BBall (2/1, 2/15)
- 3:00-4:15 K-2 Girls BBall (2/2, 2/9 & 2/16)
- 4:15-5:15 3-4 Girls BBall (2/2, 2/9 & 2/16)
- 5:15-7:00 (2/2) & 3:30-5:30 (2/23) 5 & 6 Girls BBall
- 2:30-4:00 6th ONLY (2/3)
- 4:00-5:45 5th ONLY (2/3)
- 2:45-4:30 5th ONLY (2/10) & (2/24)
- 4:30-6:00 6th ONLY (2/10) & (2/24)
- 2:45-4:30 6th ONLY (2/17)
- 4:30-5:45 5th ONLY (2/17)
- 10:00-11:00 1-3 Girls BBall (2/4, 2/11 & 2/18)
- 11:00-12:00 4 Girls BBall (2/4, 2/11 & 2/18)
Girls Youth Basketball Club's last day will be on February 18th.
5th and 6th Grade Girls Basketball Game Schedule
6th grade @ Triton @ 5:00
5th grade @ Home @ 5:00 (Triton)
5th grade @ Home @ 6:00 (Caston)
6th grade @ Tippy Valley @ 5:00
6th grade @ Home @ 5:00 (LaVille)
5th grade @ LaVille @ 5:00
5th grade @ Argos @ 5:00
6th grade @ Home @ 4:30 (Argos)
6th grade @ Home @ 5:30 (Knox)
5th grade @ Home @ 5:00 (Riverside)
5th grade @ Home @ 5:30 (North Liberty)
6th grade @ North Liberty @ 5:00
6th grade @ Home @ 5:00 (Rochester)
6th grade @ Argos @ 4:30
5th grade @ Home @ 5:30 (Knox)
6th grade @ Tippy Valley @ 9:00am
6th grade @ Bremen @ 5:00
6th grade @ Oregon-Davis @ 5:30
Wrestling Schedule @ the Middle School
Coach: Eddie Molebash
Call or Text 574-780-1632 or 574-242-2533
or email email@example.com
Practice in Culver Wrestling Room
-Mon-Fri @ 3:15-5:15
Feb. 14 @5:00 @ Home CCMHS Vs. Winamac/Laville
Feb. 21 @ 5:00 @ Home CCMHS Vs. Urey Middle School
Feb. 23 @ 4:30 @ Knox
Feb. 25 @ 9:00am @ Triton
Mar. 4 @ 9:00am @ Rochester
Mar. 8 @ 6:30 @ Home CCMHS Vs. North Judson
Mar. 10 @ 5:30 @ Laville (HNAC)
Culver Lions Club is hosting a Health Fair on Saturday, Feb. 18th @ Train Depot
WHAT: Health Fair & Blood Drive
WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 18th
TIME: 10am- 2pm E.S.T.
WHERE: Culver Train Depot
Operation KidSight is a statewide vision-screening program that works to
identify treatable or preventable causes of blindness in preschool children
(ages 18 months to 6 years).
Early Screening is Critical
The first few years of a child's life are critical in the development of
normal vision. A child with vision problems often does not realize that
the way they see the world is not the way everyone else sees it. Vision
abnormalities in a child's eyes may occur even when the eye appears to look
normal. It is estimated that 34% of children may have vision loss from
undetected amblyopia what is commonly referred to as "lazy eye." Amblyopia
results when one or both eyes send a blurry image to the brain and the
brain does not learn to see clearly. If this and other problems are not
detected early, a child's vision may deteriorate to the point of
irreversible blindness. Research indicates that 70-80% of what a child
learns is visually acquired and there is evidence to suggest that children
with undetected vision disorders are more likely to fail in school.
Weather Alerts and Notifications/ Notifying the Office when your Child is Sick
- Please make sure that your child leaves the house appropriately dressed for the weather. We still go outside for recess even when it is pretty chilly outside.
- Do not drop your children off at the front door prior to 7:30. The doors do not get unlocked until the assistant gets there at 7:30.
- If the weather looks like it may be too treacherous for school, please check WNDU, WSBT, or FOX22 for closings or school delays. WROI and WXVI will also be informed of closings and delays. You may also check Culver Elementary's Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/culver.elementary.school (go to the link on this page and "like" our page).
- If your child is absent please call Karen Sndyer at 574-842-3389 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also remember if your child has a fever, they have to be 24 hours fever free before they come back to school. You never know when that fever may spike back up!
Culver Communtity Schools Corporation Mission Statement
Culver Community Schools Corporation Vision Statement
Culver Community Schools Corporation Belief Statements
- We believe students, with support from community, family, and educators, will rise to the level of expectations.
- We believe a well-rounded education at CCSC will foster emotional and intellectual development along with respectful, pro-active communication, in a positive, nurturing, learning environment.
- We believe that every student at CCSC is a potential leader given proper mentoring.
- We believe the definition of success is unique to every student.