Final Review Smore
Natural Rights - People born with rights of Life, Liberty, Property
- Social Contract Theory - People give up rights for protection
First President of the United States
Shaped the Executive & Judicial System
Established expectations of two terms
Put down the Whiskey Rebellion = Tax
- Excellent Delegate
1809-1817 as a President
The War of 1812 - U.S. vs. Britain over territory/Native Americans
Treaty of Ghent - War of 1812 Peace Treaty, declared armistice
- White House burned down by British
Founded in 1682 by William Penn
Name: Family Name
- "sylvania" =forest
Founded in 1653 by Virginia Colonists
- Named for Latin word for "Charles" after Charles 1 of England
It stretched across the United States
An easier way of transporting people and goods
- Created by John Deere
- invented in 1837
- Allowed farmers to turn heavy sod easily that made farming less physical.
- An uprising led by a former militia officer, Daniel Shays, which broke out in western Massachusetts in 1786.
- The war for American independence from Britain.
- The fighting began with the Battle of Lexington and Concord in 1775 and lasted through the Battle of Yorktown in 1781.
- A term used to describe the period of violence during the settling of the Kansas territory.