Benefits of Reading and Writing?
2. This analytical report will describe the benefits reading and writing has on people different ages and if this helps other aspects of life, not just educational activities.
3. The main point of this report is finding out the effects that reading and writing has on people mentally and physically.
4. As society has been becoming more advanced, there has been a huge decrease in reading and writing, many surveys were taken to see if this was going to be an impact in an individual.
5. This topic is important because it can help cope with serious health issues and can help with human development.
2. Reading isn't the only thing that can bring benefits, writing is also important in many ways. Everyone needs to express their feelings and writing is the way to do it. Writing can help anyone maintain a healthy lifestyle. According to Genevieve Slomski, author of "Journal Therapy" writing can cause psychological healing and personal growth. Many people keep their own journal entries or diaries where they can record their dreams, how their day was or just any memories that are wished to keep. This enhances creativity and helps cope with any stress. The author also stated that "Benefits include reconciling emotional conflicts, fostering self awareness, managing behavior, solving problems, reducing anxiety and increasing self esteem." Writing has more benefits to our health than anyone thought. Its important to increase the number of people reading and writing because it can improve anyone's health.
Ball, Carrie R. "Emergent Literacy." Encyclopedia of Child Behavior and Development. Ed. Sam Goldstein and Jack A. Naglieri. Vol. 2. New York: Springer, 2011. 565-566. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 5 Dec. 2015.
Ramos, Diana Carolina. "Reading to Children." Sociology of Education: An A-to-Z Guide. Ed. James Ainsworth. Vol. 2. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Reference, 2013. 643-644. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 5 Dec. 2015.
Slomski, Genevieve. "Journal Therapy." The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine. Ed. Laurie J. Fundukian. 4th ed. Vol. 2. Farmington Hills, MI: Gale, 2014. 1339-1341. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 5 Dec. 2015.