Here’s a list of 20 audience analysis questions to get you started.
- Who is your primary audience?
- Are there potential secondary audiences?
- What is the average age of the learner?
- Are the learners mostly men, women or an equal mix?
- What is the educational background (high school diploma, PhD)?
- What is their cultural background, race, ethnicity?
Knowledge & Experience
- What is their level of work experience?
- What is the reading level of the audience?
- How much do they already know about the subject at hand?
- What tone or attitude is appropriate for your audience?
- Are the learners highly motivated?
- What hardware and software will the learners have?
- How technically savvy are the learners?
- What resources do the learners have at their disposal?
- What level of participation can you expect?
- What kind of syntax or writing style are your learners comfortable with?
- Why are the learners taking the training?
- What will the audience expect to learn?
- What amount of time do learners have available to devote to training?
- Do any of the learners have special needs? (visual or audio impairment)