Berrien Springs Band News
July 16, 2018
Marching Band Rehearsals this week
Tuesday, July 17 - MUSIC rehearsal (ALL marching band members)
Wednesday, July 18 - MARCHING rehearsal (Freshmen and Leadership only)
Thursday, July 19 - MARCHING rehearsal (ALL marching band members)
Rehearsals are 6:30-8:30pm. There will be open band room on Tuesday ONLY from 4:30-6:30pm.
URGENT! Band Camp Staff Housing Needed!
Water Bottles for Band Camp
Band Camp Info
As we get closer to band camp, a couple of reminders:
1. Please adhere to our school dress code guidelines.
a. No spaghetti straps or thin tank top straps.
b. No undergarments can be visible.
c. Shorts need to be fingertip length or longer, as deemed appropriate.
d. Shirts need to be of a conservative length and style.
*Students may be asked to call home for alternate clothing if their band camp attire is deemed inappropriate for this school event.
2. Wear SOCKS and ATHLETIC SHOES every day. No boots. No flip flops. No sandals. No slides. This is an athletic activity and improper footwear can cause serious injury.
3. BRING SUNSCREEN. WEAR SUNSCREEN. LOVE SUNSCREEN. Also, bring a hat and sunglasses.
4. Eat a nutritious breakfast every morning. We do provide snacks, lunch, and water/gatorade throughout the rehearsals, but students who do not eat in the morning have a higher likelihood of weakness and dizziness during the morning rehearsals.
5. All students need to have a medical form filled out and on file with the band boosters. A copy of the form can be found on page 12 of the band handbook.
6. Band fee for the 2018 season is $80. Please pay on or before Monday, July 23rd.
7. Students will need to have khaki or tan shorts/capri's/pants for the final performance on Friday, July 27th. We will provide the t-shirt.
8. SPIRIT DAYS! Start planning with your section!
Monday - SHAMROCK PRIDE DAY: Dress head to toe in green and white!
Tuesday - NEON DAY: Rival the brightness of the sun with your NEON-tastic clothes!
Wednesday - PAJAMA DAY: Roll out of bed and get to camp! (Be appropriate with your clothing choices).
Thursday - TWIN DAY: Dress up with a buddy - or as a section!
Friday - TROUBLE ON THE HIGH SEAS DAY: Dress and talk like a pirate - ARR MATEY!.