Arabic 1 Newsletter WEEK 3!!
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ASSIGNMENT?
مرحبا يا جماعة
Welcome to the students who joined the class and logged in lately. I am thrilled to have you on board with us in this amazing learning journey! I am really enjoying reading and grading your submitted work. Please keep it up!
Some of you are having difficulty submitting assignments using BB. Please read this announcement carefully to help you submit your assignments to go directly to my gradebook. When you complete the worksheet in any assignment, click on the "Title" of the assignment located on the top of the page to open as a link to submit your work. Here's a step by step instructions on how to do that.
Please let me know if you have questions.
Coaching Sessions Take Place in Blackboard Collaborate (BBC) Virtual Classroom. You will NEED HEADSET & MICROPHONE
All students are required to have two 45min. speaking sessions with language coach every week. The list of our coaches is below. Once you find out who your coach is and when you will do speaking sessions click on the link under the image of your coach to enter their virtual classroom. You will need a headset with working microphone to participate is speaking sessions.
The conversation sessions will take place in virtual classroom called Blackboard Collaborate. To learn how to set it up and use it make sure to go over the following links:
- Blackboard Collaborate first time user
- Go over participant orientation: http://www.brainshark.com/blackboardinc/vu?pi=zGLzYw5XBz35Sgz0
- Make sure to log in to Blackboard Collaborate before your speaking sessions start to test the computer.
- Another way to enter your coach virtual classroom is to go to "Communications" button on navigation, then to "Blackboard Collaborate" and find your coach's classroom.
**You should print out a copy of this document and use as a check-off list to ensure that you complete everything, thoroughly, and on time. This is only a schedule of the assignments that you are to complete.
What assignments are past due from week 2?
- Culture Corner Assignment: Fun Fact Quiz (Due by due date on course calendar)
- Assignment 1.1: Writing (Due by due date on calendar)
- Assignment 1.2: ِAttending TWO Coaching Sessions for the week
- Assignment 1.3: Listening & Speaking (Due by due date on course calendar)
- Lesson 1 Quiz (Due by due date on course calendar)
- Download BBIM (graded assignment)
- Respond to your teacher’s “Welcome Email” by clicking on Messages tab in the navigation bar (graded assignment)
- Getting Acquainted (Discussion Board)
- How do you learn ( LinguaFolio – graded assignment))
- Academic Integrity Quiz (graded assignment)
What assignments are past due from week 1?
(Orientation- START HERE) tab
1. ____ Save and print the “Due Date Calendar”
2.____ “Orientation- Start Here” tab on the navigation bar: carefully read all information
3· ____ Language Coaching sign up doc. This Doc is closed for you now so you need to EMAIL or TEXT Me to get your name on it (graded assignment)
If you are curious and anxious to get started to learn the Arabic letters, then click on the link HERE. My kids LOVE this game. My 6 year old Son's favorite letter is "Alif" which looks exactly like number one in English.
LESSON 2: Jiim, Haa, Khaa, Daal, Thaal, Raa, Zaay ــْ / ــّ Sukun, Shadda الدرس الثاني
CLICK on our class avatar to hear what I have to share with you about lesson 2 introduction & learning Goals
We are looking forward to working with all of you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
In this lesson you will learn:
- How to voice out and write seven letters of the Arabic alphabet: Jiim = ج, Haa= ح, Khaa= خ, Daal= د, Thaal= ذ , Raa= ر, Zaay=ز
- How to voice out and write “Sukun” and “Shadda”
- How to differentiate between social and non-social letters
- How to count the Arabic numbers from 0 to 10.
- The different positions & forms of the letter in the word.
- Greeting/ farewell and how to state your name and where you are from.
- The formal / informal greetings & gesture in the Arabic Culture.
Click to learn how to read & write the letters and new vocabulary words in this lesson. You NEED to watch this video before you do any assignments in this lesson.