City of Ember Book VS Movie
By: Jaden Novak
- In the book, they didn't have headlights/ flashlights.
- In the book, Lina gets in trouble for being in the roof.
- In the movie, there's a man-eating animal in the pipe works that eats the mayor.
- In the movie, Lina and Doon's parents were trying to escape Ember together.
- In the movie, the lockers are boats.
- In the movie, they come to the new world in the dark.
- In the movie, the rock is thrown to Doon's dad.
Their city is pitch dark, so this is their lighting.
When the builders built the city, they left behind instructions for an exit. But Lina's sister chewed up pieces, so they have to put it back together.
They traveled on the river. It lead to a path they hiked up.