The Rangers Apprentice:Halt's Peril
Author: John Flanagan/Presentation by :Chance Green
In the book, The Rangers Apprentice: Halt's Peril, by John Flanagan, the main characters are Horace, Halt and Will and takes place in Picta, a northern country. They face major problems like, Halt getting poisoned and still having to get rid of the Outsiders once and for all. Will solves the problem of Halt getting poisoned by traveling day and night to find the best healer in the land. Also, he has a fight to the death with the genovasan to find out what poison he used on Halt. While all this is happening, Horace has to help Will from having a mental breakdown.
- Character's own thoughts/actions/words:
- Will is worried for his old mentor who is close to death
- Will rode day and night to get Malkalam the Sorcerer(a.k.a Malcolm)
- "He's a remarkable young man," he said to Halt.
3. Physical appearance:
- young, slightly-built
Point Of View
Third Person Omniscient
- At first, Tennyson was tempted to claim the largest share of the small store of food for himself, but caution prevailed.
- In some ways, he knew, Halt would never stop teaching the younger Ranger.
- Bacari heard the sudden rush of feet and turned too late.
Simile: constricting passage twisted like a snake so that the walls seemed to bear down him
Importance: it shows that Will fears the passage a little bit
Metaphor: Will ghosted forward
Importance: it shows the stealthy skills that Rangers have