July 26, 2023
New Principal Introduction
New Interim Assistant Principal Introduction
Hello! My name is Erin McGuyer and I am an interim assistant principal at Hewitt Trussville Middle School. I am married to Eric McGuyer and we have two amazing children, Ryne and Caroline. I graduated from Hewitt Trussville High School in 1995. I completed my undergraduate degree in secondary education social sciences in 1999 from UAB and completed my masters in secondary education in 2007 from UWA. I recently completed my instructional leadership certificate in 2023 from UNA. I have spent most of my career at HTMS as a 7th grade civics and geography teacher and a sponsor of various extracurricular activities. I am proud to be a part of the this community and HTMS. Go Huskies!
New 8th Grade Counselor
Check out all the information to start the new school year!!
HAVE YOU COMPLETED YOUR RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION?
Families must have registrations submitted by Friday July 21, 2023 to receive their student’s teacher assignment or schedule. Registrations must be approved by the scheduled release date of the teacher assignment or schedule (please see below).
HTMS & HTHS
Student schedules will be released via the parent/student PowerSchool portal on Thursday, July 27 2023 @ 5PM, for students that have an approved registration by Thursday, July 20, 2023.
Scheduling Updates From Our Counselors...
- Student class schedules will be available in PowerSchool at 5 pm on Thursday, July 27th for students who have a completed and approved registration.
- School Fees can be paid online once schedules have been made available.
- Please remember that the HTMS master schedule was created based on student course requests completed in April. If the student schedule matches the student course requests (including alternate electives) the schedule will stand.
- If a parent completed a Parent Override Request Form for an advanced course and it was APPROVED, it will be reflected in the schedule. If it was not approved, the regular course will stand. Email your grade level counselor with questions or concerns.
- If an error was made, the grade level counselor will be happy to correct the mistake. No other course change requests will be granted. The following form should be completed for all scheduling errors: https://forms.gle/sQHSk56mDBX6Vmic6
Schedules may change before the first day of school due to balancing of classes. You will receive a new (possibly updated) copy of your schedule on the first day of school.
- Please bring all school supplies and locker items on the first day of school!!
6th Grade Counselor
7th Grade Counselor
8th Grade Counselor
(Email for powerschools login/password issues)
HTMS Assigned Summer Reading Challenge
HTMS 6th Grade Orientation
HTMS New Student Orientation
Attention - School Nurse Information
HTMS Spirit Bundle
HTMS General Reminders for 2023-2024
Reminders - along with our new TCS Handbook
- Students should bring all school supplies and locker items on the first day of school!!
- Student cell phones should be locked in school lockers throughout the school day. They are not allowed to have them in class. If a student's phone is taken up by a teacher, a parent will have to pick it up from the front office. If smart watches are used as phones, they will be taken up as well.
- Students are not allowed to walk through halls with ear buds in ears.
- Backpacks, tote bags, etc. should be locked in lockers throughout the school day.
- Please review the below TCS Parent and Student Handbook for Dress Code, Code of Conduct, and Additional Updates.
Appropriate Handling of Student Related Concerns...
- Start with contacting the teacher if the concern is class related. The teacher will be responsive, helpful, and understanding.
- If there are continuing concerns or if the concern is not class related, please contact the grade level counselor or an assistant principal.
- The counselor or assistant principal will consult Mr. Meads, HTMS Principal as needed. However, if for any reason the concern is not resolved by the counselor or assistant principal, please contact Mr. Meads.
Morning Drop Off Reminders
- Do not drop students off in carline before 7:20. This is a huge safety concern! We do not have teachers on morning duty before then.
- Please pull all the way down in front of field house to drop off... do not stop in front of the gym.
- Do not pull around by the baseball fields to drop off.
- Remind your student that food must be eaten before morning drop off. No food is allowed in the gym. Students may go to the lunchroom for breakfast.
- Students should never be dropped off in the parking lot by the lunchroom (where buses drop off).
- If a student arrives at 7:55 or later, they need to report to the front office.
Afternoon Dismissal Reminders
- HTMS is not a walking campus for all students. Some student-athletes might walk with their coach to the stadium or civic center, but they are under the supervision of a coach.
- Please encourage your student to look for their car while they are in carline to help keep it moving.
- Students should be picked up no later than 3:30 in the afternoon.
Absences from School
- A parent excuse or doctor's excuse must be turned in to the MAIN OFFICE within 3 days of your student's absence.
- Students are allowed 6 parent notes for the school year.
- Please email email@example.com with any parent or doctor's excuses.
- Please review TCS Parent and Student Handbook for all truancy information.