SPS Board Highlights
Dec. 2, 2019
Sequoyah Elementary Recognized
Bond Election Resolutions Passed
The Shawnee Board of Education unanimously approved resolutions calling for a bond election.
The first proposition for $16,925,000 is to provide funds for interior and exterior renovations at various school sites, technology and technology infrastructure, security and safety equipment, HVAC replacement or repair at various school sites, and athletic and activity facility improvements.
The second proposition for $1,200,000 is to provide funds for purchasing transportation equipment.
Both propositions will be on the ballot April 7, 2020.
According to Jordan Smith from Stephen L. Smith Corp., the impact for the average homeowner in Shawnee's I-93 school district would be approximately $3 more per month in ad valorem taxes.
Other Board Business
- All consent docket items were approved.
- Three new one-semester courses were added to the Shawnee High School course list: Ceramics III, Pottawatomi Language Online, and Aerospace Engineering Design II.
- A lease agreement for six copy machines was approved.
- The board authorized Dr. April Grace to pursue the purchase of property at 733 N. Kickapoo near Jefferson Elementary.
- All certified and support personnel were approved as presented.