Between the Lions
The Wright Junior High Weekly Newsletter
Weekly Updates - August 16-20th
Our Wright JH Admin Team
Sherryl Anthony - Assistant Principal - Alpha A-L email@example.com 832-223-6010
Shane Ameen- Assistant Principal - Alpha M-Z firstname.lastname@example.org 832-223-6012
Tiffany Hoelzel - Assistant Principal - 6th Grade email@example.com 832-223-6009
Welcome to Wright Junior High
WHAT TO EXPECT AT ORIENTATION
- find the academic wing where core classes are
- find the cafeteria, gyms, art classes, band, choir, theatre, orchestra
- find CTE electives - agriculture, hospitality, and technology
- meet your principals and counselors
- learn about the Wright Way and what to expect
BEFORE THE 1ST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Beginning of the year forms (available in Skyward only) (see details below)
- For Major Sports students - have you completed your Rank One profile & turned in your physical?
- All Incoming 6th & 7th Graders - updated immunization records
- School Hours: 8:15am to 3:40pm.
- For those who require early arrival, the building opens at 7:30am.
- You may enter via the main front door and proceed to the cafeteria or gyms
- Students’ Schedules: Schedules will be released Wednesday evening, August 18th, via Skyward.
- In order to decrease paper exchange, students should access their schedule on the Skyward app on their device or take a screen shot of it on your home computer and bring it with them to school on Monday.
- Transportation: If your student will be using district transportation, please visit the LCISD Find My Bus page to get detailed route information. https://www.lcisd.org/students-parents/find-my-bus-school
- Beginning of the Year Forms: Please be sure to complete your student’s Beginning of the Year forms that can be found in his/her Skyward account.
- Lunches from Home: For those students bringing a lunch from home, please be aware that, per district sanitation guidelines, microwaves will no longer be available for use.
- Lunch Deliveries: Wright does not accept 3rd party lunch delivers for students. No DoorDash, UberEats. GrubHub or any other type of pizza or food delivery. Only family members can deliver lunch to their student. Lunches are left at the front office with the student's name and grade. Please do not deliver fountain drinks, bottled drinks only.
WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH FOOTBALL PARENT MEETING
Football practices will begin Monday, August 30th (2nd week of school)
Wright JH Bell Schedule
August 23rd - First Day of School!
Aug 23-27 - Football Equipment Pick Up
August 25th - Volleyball Tryouts Begin
August 30th - Football Practice Begins
September 6th - Student/Staff Holiday
September 24th - Student/Staff Holiday
October 1st - End of 1st 6 Weeks
HOW TO CONNECT AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING AT WRIGHT
- Wright JH sends weekly newsletters in a Skylert blast (email listed in your Skyward account).
- Monitor our Facebook page for daily updates.