Ms. Austin's Kindergarten
Newsletter, April 29, 2016
On Wednesday, May 4th we will go to the Shanghai Wild Animal Park.
Your child needs to:
- Bring a snack and a lunch
- Bring a drink or a full water bottle
- Wear their green Kindergarten field trip t-shirt
- Optional: Send some money (no more than 50 rmb) for the gift shop
On Friday, May 6th, we will have Field Day. Feel free to join us during our time on the field (10-11:30 a.m.) The children can wear Free Dress but whatever they wear should be mostly blue (All K is wearing blue...even the teachers!) and easy for them to run, jump, play, and be active in. They must wear sneakers (trainers, tennis shoes) for this fun day. Here is the link for even more information: https://www.concordiashanghai.org/community/newsletters/elementary-school-newsletter#carnival
- What's my rule? Game with Patterns
- Number Name Collections with Beads
- Game Day
- Falling in love with topics we write about
- Becoming avid readers of nonfiction
- Writers carefully choose the text features we want to include in our information books.
- Another way writers add detail to their information books is by using comparisons to talk about how something is the same or different from something else.
- Revising our All-About Books!
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- Litter and Oil in the Water
- What can WE do to make a difference?
Kindergarten Music Assembly
Thursday, May 19th at 8:15 a.m. In the MSR
Please come and watch your child perform and show you all about what they have learned in Music class this year. This is a "Must See" event! They are so excited to showcase their learning for you!
May 2- Labor Day Holiday- No School
May 6- Field Day (Rain date is 5/10) Kindergarten will be on the field from 10-11:30 a.m. Feel free to join us for this fun experience!
May 13- PSO Bake Sale Send 10 rmb
Friday and Saturday- Frog and Toad The ES Musical
Thursday, May 19th- Kindergarten Music Assembly 8:15 a.m. in the MSR
May 21- High School Graduation
Last week of May or first week of June- FYI: Field trip to tour Shanghai. Each child will need a chaperone to go with them as we will be riding the subway, Maglev train, and ferry as a part of our fun day. I will let you know the date as soon as I know.
June 7- End of Year PSO Classroom Parties
June 8- Last Day of School All School Closing Assembly Early Release Day (11:30 a.m.)