May 8, 2019
Important Dates Through END OF THE YEAR!
5/6-16 -- AP testing
5/6-10 -- Teacher Appreciation Week
5/9 -- Teacher of the Year Banquet
5/9 -- Dallas High School Musicals Awards
5/10 -- Pops by the Pond
5/11 -- PSHS Automotive Classes Classic Car Show, Independence Parking Lot
5/16 -- Band Prism Concert
5/21-24 -- Final Exams
5/21 -- Graduation Rehearsal, Gym
5/23 -- Teacher light lunch, meeting, Cafe, 1:30 p.m.
5/24 -- Senior Checkout, Gym
6/8 -- Graduation, Frisco Star, 9:30 a.m.
8/1-2 -- Teachers return. Campus inservice on those two days.
From the Registrar
Now would be the time to run a Class Semester or Class Year End Grade report to check for Blanks.
It’s ok if you have a blank for the prior semester grade – we only care about blanks for the 3rd, 4th,Exam and Semester. Do not worry about averaging – the program takes care of that (or I will in some cases).
You will turn in the Class Semester Report for 1 semester classes (i.e. Govt, Health) and the Year End Report for year-long classes.
If you have a blank, call or email me and I’ll help you out.
IF YOU STILL HAVE INCOMPLETES – and unfortunately, there are still some out there – YOU WILL HAVE TO OVERWRITE THE SEMESTER GRADE TO AN “I”. Now would be a really good time to clear those up! Just email me the grade.
End of Year Reminders
HOLDS and FINAL GRADES
Here are the steps for hold list and grades for ticket pick up as shared yesterday.
Before Finals Begin - Hold List Procedure
• Fill out the Google sheet if a student owes you property (books, calculators, uniforms, etc.)
• As students bring in items, update the student entry in the Google sheet to clear the hold.
• Once Finals begin (5/21), no need to add or update to the sheet any longer – we will handle the rest.
Here is an easy link to the hold list:
During Finals – Hold List Procedure
• This process will occur at the beginning of each Final Exam.
• Students report to class , if they are not cleared, they MUST go to the fishbowl BEFORE they are allowed to take the exam (even if you placed them on the list & still not cleared)
• Teacher sends student to fishbowl hallway at the beginning of the test period
• Student’s name is recorded on HOLD list (or verified)
• Student receives “PINK Ticket” from the Official Hold Keeper to return to your room to take the test
• Student may not begin the test until this is done
• Teachers are only responsible for their holds
Friday, May 24 – Senior Failure List
Log into Google form: https://tinyurl.com/PSHS-Senior-Failure-Form
Every teacher must submit even if no failures or seniors in the class.
You will list only senior failures. Do not worry about average pass. Counselors will figure that out.
Must enter the FINAL Spring Semester Numeric Grade, not Pass or Fail (counselors will calculate semester averaging if needed)
**Must be done by 2:00 pm on Friday**
It is imperative that you fill out the Alternative Exam Form entirely. Coryn Prince has these forms. Submit one packet per student taking an exam late. Please make sure you include a copy of the exam and key or that your department head turned yours in.
Change Regarding Computer Carts --
All computer carts should be locked and stored in offices. If you need keys to your cart, see the CTA's. You will also be asked to inventory your computers/Chromebooks and noting that inventory on the cart before storing it. You will be receiving a form for that.
Also, if you are leaving, you must turn in your Chromebook to the CTA's.
Subject: HRS Level 2 Teacher/Staff Survey -- PLEASE COMPLETE THIS WEEK!
In 2019-2020 Plano ISD continues the development of the High Reliability Schools (HRS) framework by refining our processes and practices that ensure effective teaching in every classroom. This is Level 2 of the framework.
We will now administer the Level 2 Survey to identify leading indicators that help us understand areas of strength and areas of focus for development. The survey is anonymous and will be taken online through SurveyMonkey. The survey should take 20-30 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by Friday, May 10.
Link to Teacher Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CP2JDQG
- WILDCATS Boys Tennis going to College Station for Doubles in State Tournament this weekend.
- Bianca Carroccio runs the 800m in the State track meet this Saturday at UT!