Between the Lions
The Wright Junior High Weekly Newsletter
WELCOME TO WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH!
Our Wright JH Admin Team
Sherryl Anthony - Assistant Principal - Alpha A-L email@example.com 832-223-6010
Shane Ameen- Assistant Principal - Alpha M-Z firstname.lastname@example.org 832-223-6012
Tiffany Hoelzel - Assistant Principal - 6th Grade email@example.com 832-223-6009
WEEK OF April 25th - 29th
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS WEEK
- Front doors will open at 7:30am. First bell rings at 8:15am. when students arrive on campus, they will go to the Gym, until they are released to class.
- Students who arrive after the 8:15am bell, will receive a Tardy. Unless they have arrived to school on a late bus.
- Going the EXTRA mile
- Willy Wonka Musical
- Order your 2021-2022 Wright JH Yearbook
- REMINDER: We are a cell phone free campus. Please leave devices at home or powered off in student backpacks.
- TARDIES have started, please talk with your student about getting to class on time.
WJH Choir takes TOP Honors!!!
Wright JH Choir earned STRAIGHT 1s at contest! We couldn’t be more proud of you choir kids! Great job to Mr. Williams and our kiddos!!
Dingers with Dads - April 29th - RSVP extended until April 26th. Money MUST be turned in by Wednesday, March 27th by 4PM.
Attention Current 8th students who like to dance....
If you missed the first opportunity to tryout for the Randle HS Royals, you have a second chance. There will be a mandatory Zoom meeting on Thursday April 28 at 7:30pm. If you are interested, please email Coach O’Haver at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
LCISD End of Year Toiletry Drive
Randle Royal's Torchy's Spirit Day
2022-23 WJH Athletics Parent Meeting - April 26th (6th and 7th Grade ONLY)
Stage Wright Theatre presents Willy Wonka!!!
Athletic Physicals Day - May 12th
2022-23 Pre-K & Kinder Registration
STAAR Testing Dates
IF your child is taking a PAPER test that was decided as part of a Admission, Review, and Dismissal meeting under the Special Education or 504 umbrellas, their dates will be as follows:
Algebra EOC Paper - May 3rd
8th Grade Science Paper - May 5th
8th Grade History Paper - May 6th
8th Grade Math Paper - May 10th
8th Grade Reading Paper - May 11th
7th Grade Math Paper - May 10th
7th Grade Reading Paper - May 11th
6th Grade Math Paper - May 10th
6th Grade Reading Paper - May 11th
All other students will take STAAR using the online portal.
George Ranch HOSA Medical Camp - June 1st & 2nd
LCISD STEAM Language Academy
IS YOUR CHILD MISSING ANYTHING? DID THEY LOSE SOMETHING AT SCHOOL?
Wright JH Lion Gear
Fall GEAR IS ON ITS WAY!!! Check periodically! Hoodies, long sleeves, so much more!!
Who is going the EXTRA mile for you?
Who is going the extra mile for you?
•Think for a moment about the amazing staff at Wright. Who is working hard for students? Nominate a teacher or staff member that you would like to recognize for their hard work in the classroom or campus?
Each week the results will be gathered. They will then be shared with staff members during Monday Motivators and posted on Facebook.
❤Thanks for sharing the love ❤
Lion Tennis - Open Courts - Monday and Wednesdays - 4:00-5:00PM
If you are a 7th or 8th grader and are interested in playing tennis this year, open courts will start next week Monday the 24th afterschool. Open courts will be held on Monday and Wednesdays from 4pm-5pm until tryouts occur. You must have a racquet and Rank One information completed along with a physical on file. For more information email Coach Muniz, Coach Escobar, or Coach Robertson.
Concerns about Athletics?
1) Address the situation with the coach via email or a conference on a separate day of a sporting event.
2) If resolution is not met, contact James Williams, Wright Junior High Athletic Campus Coordinator at email@example.com.
3) If resolution is not met, contact your child's Assistant Principal. Sherryl Anthony, Alpha A - L, or Shane Ameen, Alpha M - Z.
4) If resolution is not met, contact Mr. Jaster at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting.
Addressing concerns at Wright Junior High - Start by contacting your child's teacher directly!!
For 6th Grade concerns: please email or call Tiffany Hoelzel at email@example.com or call at 832-223-6009
For 7th/8th Grade concerns Alpha A-L: please email or call Sherryl Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 832-223-6010
For 7th/8th Grade concerns Alpha M-Z: please email or call Shane Ameen at email@example.com or call at 832-223-6012
Procedures and Make Up Work Policy
*Students who are positive, will be asked to quarantine for 10 days. Students will follow the Student Handbook policy on make up work. We do ask that you email your student's teachers to inform them as well as ask them for any work they can provide prior to them returning. If not, all students will be caught up upon returning to school.
THREE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE EMAILED IMMEDIATELY:
- WJH Nurse - Jessica Barber-Gonzalez firstname.lastname@example.org
- WJH Attendance - Ceciley Ortiz email@example.com
- WJH Principal - Creighton Jaster firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email please include:
- Student Name
- Grade Level
- Student ID
- Date of Confirmed POSITIVE
COVID Notification Emails:
WJH will continue to follow LCISD COVID Protocols by pushing out the email notifications that you are currently receiving when a positive and/or close contact case is reported by a parent. Please understand that we cannot reveal a student's identity, nor specific class, due to confidentiality. We are not contract tracing this year, so there is no quarantining. I will say, that many of these cases we are reporting are from parents doing their due diligence of reporting when their student was exposed or tested positive outside of the school. Many of these students did not even report back to campus. We appreciate these parents helping us stay as safe as possible at school. Please note, that if your child shares multiple classes with a certain student, you may receive MULITIPLE emails.
ACCESSING PROGRESS REPORTS AND REPORT CARDS
Accessing Student Portfolios for Progress Reports and Report Cards - Click Below!
STUDENT DISCIPLINE/CONFLICT RESOLUTION
We need your help and support. We are experiencing incidents on campus in which students are trying to resolve their conflicts by using physical means to handle things. WJH does NOT condone students solving any issues by fighting or engaging in physical confrontation. We need you to talk with your children and help work through any issues they are experiencing and how to handle it on campus.
LCISD policy states that any student engaged in mutual combat, regardless of who throws the first punch, results in a MUTUAL fight. Therefore, both students will receive campus consequences of 3 days of Out of School Suspension. If a student engages in a 2nd incident for fighting or physical confrontation, they will receive a 45 day ALC placement.
We need your help to make sure that incidents like these don't happen on our campus and that they understand the results of their actions. It takes all of us, working together, to ensure that EVERYONE gets the best experience at Wright Junior High.
If your student needs additional support, they can visit with their Counselor or Assistant Principal.
Does your student need tutorials?
For more questions about tutorials, please email your student's teacher directly.
Need a school locker???
Smart Tags on the WAY!!!
If your student needs help, find one of the following staff members:
6) Other staff member
- School Hours: 8:15am to 3:40pm.
- For those who require early arrival, the building opens at 7:30am.
- You may enter via the main front door and proceed to the cafeteria or gyms
- Transportation: If your student will be using district transportation, please visit the LCISD Find My Bus page to get detailed route information. https://www.lcisd.org/students-parents/find-my-bus-school
- Lunches from Home: For those students bringing a lunch from home, please be aware that, per district sanitation guidelines, microwaves will not be available for student use.
- Lunch Deliveries: Wright does not accept 3rd party lunch delivers for students. No DoorDash, UberEats. GrubHub or any other type of pizza or food delivery. Only family members can deliver lunch to their student. Lunches are left at the front office with the student's name and grade. Please do not deliver fountain drinks, bottled drinks only.
- Tardies: It is important that all students get to class as quickly as possible and are in class when the tardy bell rings. Students should listen for the warning bell and get to class promptly. All students must be in the room before the tardy bell rings.
Wright JH Tutorial Schedule
Wright JH Bell Schedule
HOW TO CONNECT AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING AT WRIGHT
- Wright JH sends weekly newsletters in a Skylert blast (email listed in your Skyward account).
- Monitor our Facebook page for daily updates.
SKYLERT INFORMATION - RECEIVING EMAILS AND TEXT MESSAGES FROM WRIGHT
- Click on Skylert, on the left side of screen
- The phone number and email address (where the arrows are indicating) must be correct
- Each box that is circled must be checked.
- You may have up to 2 emails who receives emailed notices and newsletters from Wright
- Up to 4 numbers who receive texts and/or calls from Wright