JSE Tracks April 18th
We are Lil' BEARCATS!
Keeping you informed of all the "tracks" we make at school and in our community!
JSE Monthly Attributes:
Characteristic of a Successful Learner (CSL): Think Reflectively
Bucket-Filling Trait: Empathy
We Love our Schoolhouse!
Good Afternoon, JSE Families,
Our students are learning this week about our JSE monthly attributes in SEL, their classrooms, and on the news. We also highlighted many students this week with 100% effort work! We will continue to recognize and motivate our kids as spring fever happens to all of us:) There is nothing like the never ending energy of our kiddos and we love channeling it at JSE!
Thursday progress reports are available in Harmony. Please check your child's grades and let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Hard to believe this is our last progress report for the school year. Our students and staff have shown true grit to get through this year and finish the year strong!
4th grade completes ILEARN testing this week and 3rd grade begins next Monday! Our 4th graders are persevering through a rigorous test and we are praising them for their efforts! They did a fun activity, received notes from our younger kiddos, and our news is all about them!
Everyone is excited to have FUN FAIR return this year! Thank you in advance for your support of our Fun Fair and Book Fair! Check out the fliers below for more information. We hope to see you at both!
Hope you all had a Happy Easter!
- Fun Fair Next! This Friday, April 22nd
- May 2nd :Teacher Appreciation Week. If you are able to volunteer to help us recognize our teachers please let me know!
- Join our facebook page and let us know if you are interested in joining our meetings and looking for ways to get involved in our school! Please reach out to us through our facebook page or our PTO email.
- PTO Meetings usually occur the first Tuesday of each month at 6PM. Please consider attending the meetings this year, every JSE parent is welcome and encouraged to attend!
Attention Grades 3-5:ILEARN Information
ILEARN Information: Our 3rd-5th grade teachers have started to discuss the assessments with our students, when they occur, and what they can expect. With that, please view the dates and resources below for you as a parent. We will begin practicing through the practice website next month. The short practice times will help our students become familiar with the online platform and technology embedded questions. As always, please let me know if you have any questions regarding the assessments.
ILEARN (3rd-5th)will take the place of the previous standardized assessment ISTEP+
The testing window: April 18th - May 13th, we will update you with our specific testing dates.
April 22 PTO Fun Fair
April 18-22 Spring Book Fair
April 18 Grade 4 ILEARN Week
April 25 Grade 3 ILEARN Week
May 2 Grade 5 ILEARN Week
May 2-6 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
May 20 5th grade visits UTMS
May 25 Last Student Day
May 25 Report Card
Wear your Bearcat Spirit Wear on Fridays!
JOIN our UTSC Team: Employment Opportunities - JSE Dishwasher and School Nurse Opening
Want to work at Union Township Schools? If so, please take a look at the below postings or click the UTSC Corporation website HERE:
- School Nurse Interested applicants should complete the online application and email Leigh Barnes at email@example.com
- Kitchen Dishwasher- 10:45-1:45PM Monday-Friday. Interested applicants should email Leigh Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Substitute Teachers Needed: High School Graduate Requirement Only. Interested applicants should check our website or the IDOE website and email Leigh Barnes at email@example.com
- Bus Aide/Bus Substitute Driver- Interested applicants should email Superintendent John Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- JSE Substitute Custodian- Interested applicants should email Leigh Barnes at email@example.com
You are always welcome at JSE!
Please let us know how we can strengthen our partnership with you!
Leigh Barnes, Principal ext 3001 firstname.lastname@example.org
Barb Rittel, Secretary ext 3000 email@example.com
Lisa Morton, Home School Advisor ext 3003 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Maniszko, School Nurse ext 3002 email@example.com