What is the Columbian Exchange?
By Phoebe Dunham
Positive and Negative of the Columbian Exchange
Positive events of the Columbian Exchange :
- Columbus brought and introduced the Arawaks to new foods like, wheat, bananas, coffee, sugar, and apples.
- Columbus introduced the Arawaks to new animals like horses, chickens, sheep, and cattle.
- The Arawaks introduced Columbus and his men to new plants like corn, potatoes, peanuts, tomatoes, coco beans, and tobacco.
Negative events of the Columbian Exchange:
- Columbus brought diseases from Europe to the Americas. Some diseases were small pox, the flu, and the measles.
- Because of the diseases a lot of people died.
- The Arawaks were frightened of Columbus' horses. They thought they were giant dogs that fed on human flesh.
Against or For the Columbian Exchange
You should For the Columbian Exchange.This is because today if Columbus didn't come to America then we would not know what tomatoes, potatoes, peanuts, and chocolate are. It also brought animals to the Americas that hadn't been here before. The Americas would not have wheat, bananas, coffee, sugar and apples.