News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - Mar. 9th
Crab Feed, Crab Feed, Crab Feed...that's been the focus of this past week. This Saturday evening, we will be getting together for a fabulous fundraising event filled with all-you-can-eat crab, prime rib, beer, and wine, as well as an auction (silent and live), and dancing! You can even bid on going paint-balling with Father Wichert or being a Principal for a Day!!
The Crab Feed Committee has done an outstanding job of making sure every last detail is taken care of so that this can be a fantastic event to raise money for our school. It's important for all of us to support the school in any way that we can. From the set-up to the take-down, attendees and volunteers who are working the event, we are all in this together and it takes the work of everyone to make it a success! If you still want to be involved with volunteering (for service hours, of course!), just show up on Friday at 6 pm (at the school) to help load items. I hope to see you there.
Have a wonderful week!
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- Wed - Read-a-Thon Begins!! Start collecting those pledges and read, read, read!
- Wed - Trimester 2 Ends! Report cards go home on March 23rd.
- Thurs - All School Mass at 9 am
- Fri -Spirit Gear...Make sure your child is wearing a spirit t-shirt or sweatshirt, along with jeans or uniform pants. These are the only options for Spirit Wear!
- No School for Students on March 18th (Teacher Professional Development Day)
- Noon Dismissal on Good Friday (March 25th)...No Extended Care Available
- Easter Vacation (No School) - March 28 - April 1
Goodbye to Mrs. Scott...and Hello to Mrs. Wills
We are fortunate to have found a wonderful young lady to take over for Mrs. Scott. Her name is Rebecca Wills. She comes to us with a strong background in math and science, as well as a devotion to her Catholic faith. Just like Mrs. Scott, Mrs. Wills' husband is also in the military. Hopefully, we can keep her for a while, though!! Please welcome her to our community when you see her...she starts with us on Monday, March 14th.
Registration Fees/Timeline for 2016 - 17!!
Registration Fees* for 2016 - 17:
- $125 (1 Student), $250 (2+ Students) before March 25
- $150 (1 Student), $300 (2+ Students) after March 25
- *Reminder: Your spot is not "locked in", until all registration fees are paid and the registration packet is completed.
- All accounts must be in "good standing" and paid off by June 1st to re-enroll for the 2016-17 school year.
Thank you to all who have registered!!!
- All who are ill with cancer and other diseases.
We Love our Volunteers!! Thank You!!
- Crab Feed Committee:
If you are available to help with recess from 12:30 - 1 each day, it would really help our teachers!! Contact Berenice at email@example.com to sign up for this. Thank you!!
Volunteers Needed for the Crab Feed/Auction!
Thank you to all of the volunteers that have already responded about helping at the event. We can now start moving items on Friday evening, March 11th. Yeah!! The plan will be to meet at the school at 6:00 pm to load vehicles and head to Holy Cross after 7:00 pm. This is a great event to get a bulk of your volunteer hours complete for the year.
Auction related questions? Contact Sarah McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a great opportunity (thanks, Amanda!) :
The Museum of Flight is offering FREE memberships for ALL kids ages 5-18. It is a new program they are running called Connections. It offers free, unlimited visits to the Museum for the student AND one adult. All you have to do is fill out the form to enroll in the program (there's no cost for this either- It's totally free).
Here's the online form: https://www.museumofflight.org/education/connections
Questions or Comments? Contact Dr. Yaden at Byaden@plu.edu