The Colt Classified
January 14, 2019
Congratulations to CCCS' Robotics Teams!
Congratulations to the Astronomical Stargazers (Cristian Barinaga, Melinda Winston, Russel Hymel and Justice Robinson) for receiving the "Core Values" award. Congratulations also to Team Rocket (Annabel Tavarez, Susana Rodriguez, James Bauman, Matthew Harris and William Winfrey) for receiving the "3rd Place Champions" Award.
CCCS' 4th grade team, Team Rocket, qualified to participate in the regional competition, which will take place in Stafford, TX at the end of February. Congratulations Team Rocket!
Thanks to our coaches, Mr. Cross, Mr. Barinaga and Mrs. Woods for their commitment to our scholars. We are proud of our scholars and coaches!
Safe Haven Training Replaces VIRTUS Training
The CMG Safe Haven online training is replacing the VIRTUS training. The training consists of 3 vignette style training videos that are approximately 60 minutes and will include a criminal background check that must be completed.
These trainings are available in English and Spanish. Live trainings are no longer offered; all Safe Environment trainings will only be available online.
- All new volunteers will complete the Safe Haven online training program instead of VIRTUS PGC training. The turnaround time for approval may be approximately two weeks or less.
- All individuals must complete the training and complete a background check prior to the start of volunteer service.
- The 5-year anniversary date is still in place, individuals who recently attended VIRTUS will not be due to complete refresher trainings until they have met their 5-year anniversary date.
- As the 5-year anniversary date is met, individuals will need to log into CMGConnect with their previous personal VIRTUS user id and 1234 as the password. Once the individual logs into their CMGConnect account, they will be able to change their password. If they do not remember the user id, they may contact the following:
1. Bethanie O'Neal at email@example.com
2. CMG at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following individuals below will now be required to complete Safe Haven online training as well:
1. Individuals who have never attended training.
2. Individuals who are currently due for refresher training and had not attended VIRTUS training.
3. Individuals who are currently due and have not attended VIRTUS training.
4. Individuals who are out of compliance or past due.
Tomorrow is Family Dine Out!
Saint John the Apostle Awards
Fee Dress Day Change of Date- January 23rd
It's not too late to register for the Fee Day. Additional information will be forthcoming.
Congratulations to our Spelling Bee Winners!
1st Place: Shailene Nacuray
2nd Place: Enrique Munoz-Torres
1st Place: Edwin King
2nd Place: Alyssa Garrido
Used Uniform Sale
A Used Uniform Sale will be held on Sunday, January 20th from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm in the cafeteria. Rock Bottom Pricing! Save a ton of money on your extra uniform pieces, while benefiting the PSO.
Volunteers are needed to assist with the sale. Middle School Scholars can get volunteer hours and parents can obtain Stewardship hours for helping. Please visit the following link to sign-up: https://tinyurl.com/y8wawjp3
Steps for Students
Don’t miss your chance to join the Steps 4 Students Race taking place on Saturday, February 16th and help CCCS qualify for the David Guite Spirit Award!
Join now before the cost of registration increases by $10 starting February 1st.
For assistance, go to https://tinyurl.com/HowToRegisterS4S.
Take a look at our team page and view our top Fundraising Champions!
Need volunteer hours or want to offer your assistance? Volunteer sign-ups are available. The most pressing need is volunteers from all schools for the race day packet stuffing on Saturday, January 19th at St. Vincent de Paul from 9am-1pm. Volunteers will roll t-shirts, attach race day information sheet, and organize shirts by size. https://tinyurl.com/Volunteer4RaceDayShirts
Steps for Students Registration Fridays
Join the CCCS team for the 14th Annual Steps for Students 5K Run/Walk on February 16, 2019! Onsite registration help available every Friday morning from 7:45 to 9:00 a.m. in the Jones Room. Stop by for a doughnut and register your family!
To register or donate visit www.steps4students.org
Catch a glimpse of the Steps spirit in the 2018 official race video!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKL9Pu2lz1A&feature=youtu.be
- For the repose of the soul of Mr. Joe Nguyen, father of Tiffany (6th)
- For the repose of the soul of Mrs. Barbra Kennedy, mother-in-law of Mrs. Kennedy (MS Math)
- For the repose of the soul of Connie Arzu, grandmother of Cristian Zuniga (6th)
- For God's continued healing of Kate Bauman (8th)
- For God's healing of Mr. Luis Gomez, uncle of Gabriella LaBarrie (1st grade)
- For God's healing of Mr. Jerry LaBarrie, grandfather of Gabriella LaBarrie (1st grade)
- For God's healing of Mr. Vince Freeman, stepfather of Ms. Fucheck(MS ELA)
- For God's healing of Mr. Frank Perez, Ms. Perez's (PreK4) grandfather
- For God's healing of Mr. Pete Perez, grandfather of Emman Perez (8th)
- For God's healing of Michaela and Alisia, aunts of Alex Stevens (7th)
- For God's healing of Ms. Gloria Jackson, grandmother of Micah (5th) and Nyla (3K)