The Lowdown from the Library
A spooky Hellooooo.......
Want Brains?? Read a Book!
- Set up a book tasting! Schedule your classes to come into the media center and sample a wide variety of titles and genres!
- Students not AR testing?? I can pull a selection of high interest, short, non fiction books for you to use in your classroom for a few days!
- Engrossed in a deep subject?? I can pull books on a specific topic to use in your room.
- First chapter Fridays --- ( or any day for that matter)-- Give me fifteen minutes to read a compelling first chapter in your classroom!
- Let me Read to your class!!! Please!!! - I love read alouds! I can read short fun books or a novel.
- Breakouts! Goosechases! Flipgrids! Oh My! - Need help integrating engaging activities in your classroom?? Ms. Wilks and I will help.
- Suggestions Welcome!! - If you have an idea and need help....call or come by!!
We want to meet our schoolwide goal of 80% of our students meeting their point goal and 85% correct but we also want the most Million Word Readers in the county! We can do this. Remind your students that 1,000,000 words is the same no matter what your book level!!!
Ultimate Xpedition: Quest for Cool Books
Some ways include purchasing items at the fair, creating book trailers and commercials for the fair, getting a parent or grandparent to volunteer and MUCH, MUCH More!!!
Meet our Fair Sales Goal and earn:
- House SNOWBALL fight!
- Teacher WhiteOUT (cover your favorite teacher or PRINCIPAL in whipped cream)!!!
Remember, the book fair is how we earn money for YOUR media center!! This is how we get the books YOU WANT!!!
***Can't make it to the fair? Shop Online! Online fair starts October 30 - November 12! Click the link below to shop now!!***
"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio"
Keep an eye on the display case outside the media center! No telling what you will see!
**Know where the quote comes from? Stop by the media center....first response gets a prize. (TEACHERS -- don't cheat for them!!)
We are BATTY for Books!!!