January 7-11, 2019
Welcome to 2019
PTSA Giveback Night
Thursday, Jan. 10th, 4pm
Panera Bread, Evansville, IN, USA
New Years Resolution 1 - Improved Attendance.
Attendance is one of the most critical aspects to school and any future employment our students will have. We are going to renew our focus on getting to school and classes on time. We are going to continue to reach out to students struggling with daily attendance and make sure that if they do need to miss we provide supports. For students who are not being accountable, we will support by asking for some of their time in the afternoon to make up for the time they miss being late to school. Mr. Meyer will review morning and class tardies and assign students to make up that time after school from 2:30-4:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Resolution 2 - Regulation Station
Resolution 3 - Homework
WMS Expectations and Procedures Handbook
How is your child doing in classes?
http://rdsteach.evsc.k12.in.us/rdsparentaccess/ If you have questions or concerns about grades you can contact your child's teachers, Mrs. April Coughlin or Administration to set up meetings.
Dress Code Reminders
Cool Weather Items
Type: hoodless sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts, vest, zip up fleece, softshell or cardigan worn with a collared button down or polo shirt underneath
Colors: any solid color
Logo: small manufacturers logos are acceptable; school logos are permitted
The following is unacceptable at WMS and will not be allowed:
· Unnatural hair colors (bright red, burgundy, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink or purple) anywhere in the hair.
· Body piercings, excluding ears. Earrings that pose a safety hazard or that are disruptive in nature
· Visible tattoos
· Skinny style pants, stretch pants or tight fitting clothing
· Hats or head coverings inside the school
· Cell Phones, large purses, gym bags, backpacks, backpack style purses, and drawstring bags must be kept in students’ lockers from 7:30am to 2:30pm.
ISTEP is out and ILEARN is in
If you have questions about this test or how Washington Middle School is preparing students for higher expectations, please contact Mrs. Branson at 812-477-8983.