Teach Like a Pirate
J.R. Irvin Elementary Weekly Staff Newsletter - vol 32
Because of YOU.....
P is for Pirate
N IS FOR NOW
Don't wait to make your classroom amazing...do it now!
Burgess, D. & S. Teach Like a Pirate. (2014). Dave Burgess Consulting. CA: San Diego.
- 5/9-5/13 Closed Campus-STAAR testing~Wear jeans in support of 3rd-5th graders!
- 5/9 3rd/4th Math and 5th Math retest
- 5/10 3rd/4th Reading and 5th Reading retest
- 5/11 5th Science
- 5/13 4th grade park day
- 5/17 Talent Show 8:30am
- 5/18 4th Grade Field Trip
- 5/19 4th Grade Science End of Year Science CBA
- 5/20 Field Day
- 5/23 Staff Development
- 5/24 End of Year 2nd Grade Science CBA
- 5/25 3rd Grade Park Day
- 5/25 GRADES ARE DUE BY THE END OF THE DAY
- 5/26 3rd Grade Science End of Year CBA
- 5/27 No School - Weather Day
- 5/30 No School - Memorial Day
- 5/31 Kickball - 1st Grade Awards
- 6/1 Early Release
- 6/1 3rd Grade Awards-Cafeteria-9:30
- 6/2 4th Grade Awards-Cafeteria-9:30
- 6/2 Early Release
May Teacher Birthdays
Robin Vitullo May 4th
Nikki White May 8th
Stacee Johnson May 24th
Sheryl Ford May 31st
The board developed a new vision statement and then the strategic 30 last Thursday and Friday developed a new mission along with belief statements. The next step is action committees that will develop plans under specific objectives.