Math Stuff #26
Highlighting some Math Ideas and Strategies
An innovative iPad application to improve critical thinking skills and math communication of students in grades 4-12.
THIS MIGHT BE THE APP WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.
LOOKS LIKE IT'S TIME TO BUY MORE IPADS.
What is ThatQuiz?
Simply put, ThatQuiz is a free, online quizzing app. ThatQuiz can be used spontaneously, or with password-protected logins. ThatQuiz generates quizzes randomly using chosen constraints, and can serve as a platform to create assessments. Quizzes that have been created and shared by other teachers are also available.
ThatQuiz may be the tool for you if you want:
- Focused skill practice and remediation
- A simple way to pre-test and post-test
- Immediate feedback to inform instruction for teacher to take appropriate actions
- Immediate feedback for students to reflect and revise
How to Use ThatQuiz "On The Fly"
- Ask students to choose a specific topic from ThatQuiz's front-page menu
- Select desired constraints on the left side
- View student screens for feedback
- Students reflect on errors, reteaching, student tries again, etc. "Feedback loop"
- Set up a free teacher account and password-protected student accounts
- Generate and assign quizzes based on constraints... OR...
- Browse quizzes designed by other teachers... OR...
- Design your own quizzes from scratch
- With password-protected logins, easily track student data all year!