Sheldon ISD Tech Tips
The website also provides a PDF with the codes that you can print and post for parents to see.
Another great reasons to use Remind is that it has the ability to translate your messages to other languages!
ClassDojo is also an excellent classroom management tool that allows teachers to encourage students for any skill or value — whether it's working hard, being kind, helping others or something else. Did you know you can also give students voice with this tool by allowing them to showcase and share their learning by adding photos and videos to their own portfolios?
ClassDojo is also a great tool to use to get parents engaged by sharing photos and videos of wonderful classroom moments.
Watch the video below to learn more!
Important - Student Google Accounts
Remember - when a new student enrolls in the district, it can take up to 3 days for them to be synced in our system.
This file is located at www.sheldonisd.com under Departments - Instructional Technology. Click the button above to download and print your own copy if you would like.
Secondary Teachers: Google Classroom - Starting Fresh
- Sign into classroom.google.com
- Click the three dots in the corner of each class tile and select "Archive"
- Your old classrooms will remain in your archives. Leave them there if you think you might reuse a post or want to refer back to something. If not, you can delete it permanently from your archives.
- Create your new classes (you can now drag and drop class tiles to re-order them). HINT: Remember to adjust the setting under the students tab to "Only the teacher can post and comment" for each class to start the year off. Then, you can change the setting as the year goes on.
- When you begin enrolling students, remind them to un-enroll from old classes by clicking the three dots in the corner of their class tile.
Click the button above to see all of the awesome updates that Google Classroom made over the summer, including drag and drop tiles, viewing all work for one student, projecting the classroom code, and more!