Barbara R. Morgan Elementary School
October 2019 Family Newsletter
- Oct. 1: Deadline for Tortoise & the Hare Money/Pledge sheets
- Oct. 2: 3rd Grade Walking Field Trip
- Oct. 4: NO SCHOOL (Teacher Training Day)
- Oct. 7-11: Coin Drive
- Oct. 9: 3rd Grade Walking Field Trip
- Oct. 14: Opera Performance @ 10:00 AM
- Oct. 18: PTA Tshirt Contest Deadline
- Oct. 23: 3rd Grade Field Trip
- Oct. 24: 5th Grade Field Trip
- Oct. 24: Makeup Picture Day
- Oct. 25: 1st Quarter Assembly in the Gym @ 2:20-2:50
- Oct. 25: End of the 1st Quarter
- Oct. 27: PTA Facebook LIVE story @ 7:30 PM
- Oct. 28: Early Childhood Community Form @ 4:00-6:00
- Oct. 29: Red Ribbon Week: "We are Strong" (Wear Red)
- Oct. 30: Red Ribbon Week: "Shade Yourself" (Wear Sunglasses OR a Cap)
- Oct. 30: 2nd Quarter PTA Meeting @ 8:15-9:00
- Oct. 31: Red Ribbon Week: "Say Boo to Drugs" (Wear Orange/Black) - Costume decisions will be made by each grade level team. Watch newsletters for costume/party information. All costumes must be school appropriate and follow dress code expectations.
- Nov. 1: NO SCHOOL (Teacher Work Day)
From the Principal...
As the weather turns cooler, students who arrive at school between 7:45-8:05 AM will have 4 choices to gather in before the classrooms open at 8:05:
- Gym for Walking
- Music Room for Board Games
- Cafeteria for Breakfast OR Read/Homework Time
We aim to provide our students the most safe and comfortable learning enviornment at all times. We strive to take students outside 3-4 times each and every day. Please help remind your child to come to school dressed for the weather. It helps greatly to write your child's name on outer layers so if they are lost, we can find the owner. We also have many donated winter coats, hats, and gloves we can provide for your child if they need any, just let us know.
New this school year, all students in K-5, will participate in a rotation of the following 'Fine Arts' lesson every week on either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Ask your child about their weekly lesson.
- Spanish with Mrs. Maria Woras
- Art with Ms. Amy Granger
- Positive Action/Do Good.Be Kind Lesson: Mrs. Meg Henderson/Mrs. Carolyn Dickinson
Our 5th grade student leadership program just kicked off! Thank you to the many 5th grade parent volunteers for helping make this possible. We were able to offer students 12 leadership groups to serve on this school year.
Thank you for the great first month of school! We are digging deep in our learning.
Coin Drive Citizenship Project (Oct. 7-11)
School Safety Notes
We take school safety seriously. We have been busy practicing all of our drills to help teach our students and staff about best practices/procedures in the event we ever need it. We will continue to practice four types of drills on a regular basis.
- Reverse Evacuations
- Hall Checks
In the event any of these are NOT a drill, we will utilize our Powerschool Alert System to notify you via text/email/phone call.
New Staff at BRMES
Please join us in welcoming these new staff members at BRMES this year!
(Front Row, Left to Right):
Jolene Heinze (District Psychologist), Crystal Nay (Paraprofessional), Shannon Foster (Student Teacher), Faye Montoya (2nd Grade Teacher), Tyler Vance (Music Teacher), Teddi Bledsoe (3rd Grade Teacher), Lisa Cooke (Paraprofessional), Amy Granger (Art Teacher). Not Pictured: Carolyn Dickinson (Character Block Grant).
Save these Dates
- November 1 & November 8: No School Days
- November 7: Early Release @ 1:15 PM (for Parent Teacher Conferences)
- November 7 & 8: Parent Teacher Conferences (watch for a sign up schedule soon)
- November 4-8: Book Fair in our library
- December 6: Our 5th Annual Student Craft & Bake Sale @ 3:15-5:00 PM
Tortoise and Hare Results
- Kindergarten 303 laps
- 1st grade 336 laps
- 2nd grade 441 laps
- 3rd grade 396 laps
- 4th grade 316 laps
- 5th grade 511 laps
And a special THANK YOU to all of our hard working volunteers and PTA who helped with both Bike-to-School Day and Tortoise and Hare. We couldn't do it without you.
PTA T-Shirt Contest
Box Top Information
Parents who can't or don't want to download the app can drop off your receipt (which indicates at the bottom how many Box Tops it includes). We can scan those in for you. Box Tops are only valid for 15 days after purchase. So make sure to get those entered on the app or turn in your receipts quickly. For those who are still turning in paper boxtops, please look for the new boxtops mailbox in the front lobby!!!
Join the PTA Facebook page
We hope you enjoyed a bedtime story, read by Mrs. Steers (2nd grade teacher) on Sunday night!
2019-20 PTA Officers & Committee Leaders:
Vice-President: Chelsey Lazenby
Secretary: Janell Hodsdon
Treasurer: Kim-e Weller
Newsletter: Holly Recher
Box Tops: Dana Snyder, Brooke Caldwell, Debbie Newstadt, Stacie Hetinga, and Jen Gray
Grant Review Team: Rich Prittie, Nish Weiseth, Amanda Tyler, Angela Butti, and Debbie Newstadt
Valerie Berg, Principal
Barbara R. Morgan Elementary School
McCall Donnelly School District
Please notify our office if you wish to be taken off of this newsletter list or have any other information you'd ike to see in our monthly newsletter.