Franklin Friday News
What's Going On at #FAPBG-Week of May 3, 2021
Covid-19 Self-Reporting Form
This form is to be used by Franklin Academy staff, parents, students, vendors, volunteers and other community members. Self-isolation would be associated with exposure to someone with actual COVID-19 or having a positive test result.
Annual Registration for 2021-2022
Franklin’s Annual Registration Update Process has begun!
Completion is required for returning students.
Please visit https://ps.franklin-academy.org/public/, sign in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal, and click on the Registration (2021-2022) link.
If you are having difficulty accessing your account, please call the school’s main number and an Administrative Assistant will attempt to assist you or transfer you to the Registrar.
Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
PTO Request for Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
The PTO is collecting donations to purchase gift cards for every faculty member. This includes all of our teachers, admin, cafeteria staff, and janitorial crew. They have worked incredibly hard this year to make the most of challenging circumstances. There are so many hands that support your scholar(s), and we want to make sure we show our gratitude to them all! Even though you may have something already planned for your scholar's teacher, please consider helping us shower the entire staff with appreciation in the form of gift cards! We know everyone's budgets are different, so give whatever amount feels right to you. It will be pooled and shared equally.
Click the link below to donate:
The gift cards will be delivered on the final day of appreciation week - Friday, May 7th. Thank you for supporting our goal!
Eighth Grade Graduation
May IB ATTRIBUTE OF THE MONTH
Throughout May, the attribute focus will be on the Learner Profile attribute, "Knowledgeable".
According to the IB, someone who is knowledgeable is defined as:
"One who explores concepts, ideas, and issues that have local and global significance. In so doing, they acquire in-depth knowledge and develop understanding across a broad and balanced range of disciplines."
There are many ways in which you can incorporate this attribute into your home. Some ideas:
- Discuss what it means to be knowledgeable.
- Read a story or watch a show about where facts/information is being presented.
- Discuss what your scholar WANTS to be more knowledgeable about
- Help your scholar set academic goals. Discuss those goals. Share your own goals.
We need YOU to be a mentor for the Grade 5 PYP exhibition!
Spring 2021 Testing Information Grades 3-8
This Week's Testing Schedule
ONLY LIVE SCHOLARS WILL TEST THIS WEEK
May 3: Grades 4-8 Session 1Reading
May 4: Grades 4-8 Session 2 Reading
May 5: Grades 3-8 Session 1 Math
May 6: Grades 3-5 Session 2 Math and Grades 6-8 Session 2 & 3 Math
Fifth Grade End-of-Year Celebrations
2021-2022 New Franklin Families
- Online registrations are being emailed as individualized SNAPCODE links are created by the system. (If you accepted your student’s seat after April 10th, you will not receive your online registration SNAPCODE link until Mid-May.)
- Incoming students have not been entered into PowerSchool yet; therefore, you will not have an access ID or password. The rollover to PowerSchool will happen during the summer.
2021-2022 NEW KINDER FAMILIES
After School Connections 2021 Summer Camp
Free Online Books
Please remember to download the DashPass app to your phone so that your scholar can be released to carline in a timely manner.
ALL PARTIES PICKING UP SCHOLARS MUST HAVE THE DASHPASS APP IN ORDER FOR THE SCHOLAR TO BE CUED AND RELEASED. (e.g. grandparents, older siblings, family friends)
Please ensure that scholars are wearing appropriate, approved Franklin Academy outerwear. Hoodies and other non-Franklin outerwear will be confiscated. Please refer to our handbook for reminders on our dress code.
Early Release Procedure
- For early release, please head over to the Dashpass app and submit an early release request on the day of the early release.
- It will send you an email. You must approve the request in the email in order for the school to receive the early release request and approve it.
- When you arrive at the school to pick-up your scholar, use the camera on your mobile phone to scan the QR code that is hanging on the door.
- Complete the form that shows up on your mobile phone, and your scholar(s) will be released to you.
FRANKLIN ACADEMY PALM BEACH GARDENS CAMPUS
BUILDING BETTER PEOPLE, EVERYDAY
An International Baccalaureate Candidate School
Primary Years Programme