Thank you for continued monitoring of your student's grades. We ask that you check your students grades daily as we approach the end of the six weeks. Please make sure your student has submitted assignment and taken assessments needed for grades. Students should be able to show you in their Canvas account that assignments have been submitted and are pending grading.
September 25th is the last day for the 1st six weeks and it is also an early release day for students. Dismissal will be at 12:30PM on that day. All work must be turned in and completed by September 25th to count toward this six week grading term. Teachers continue to take grades in accordance to the EMS ISD Grading and Reporting Handbook and will continue to work to support your student. We thank you for your support!
Laptop and Devices
- Please make sure that your child is coming to school with a fully charged device each day.
- Please remind students they need to be responsible for their laptop at all times.
- Please remind students they should not have food and drinks around the laptop.
We appreciate your help in this matter.
Teacher Expectations with Remote Learners:
- Teachers are not expected to be in front of the computer the entire class period. They can send remote learners offline to do assignments after framing the lesson and/or doing a direct teach or discussion.
- Teachers should communicate their "office hours" or tutorials with remote learners and stick to those hours to maintain balance in their home and work environments.
- District Tutors are available for math, science, and ELAR every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights from 5 to 8 pm. Students must sign up for tutorials and expect an email invitation to their school email inviting them to a TEAMS meeting with the tutor.
- Remote learners will have less time with and access to the teacher during the class time than the in-person learner when the teacher teaches both in-person and remote students at the same time.
- Some days a teacher may not have a TEAMS meeting with remote learners if the lesson is already on canvas with the assignment. Just like some days a teacher does not do a direct teach but gives the entire class period to do the writing or reading assignment after a quick introduction. Teachers will communicate with student when this is the expectation.
Instructional Method Information
Early Release for Students September 25th ( Early Release bell schedule below)
Parent Teacher Organization
Want to join PTO West? Membership benefits include discounts at several local businesses including Lake Worth Bosses Pizza, Lake Worth Firehouse Subs, The Pizza Bistro, Sonic (off Boat Club Rd.), Saginaw Longhorn Cleaners, Moonlight Signworks, and many more! Please fill out the form using the link below. $10 per parent, $5 per student, and $5 per teacher. Venmo your membership fee to @Westside-PTO (Look for the apple).
World Language Academy
Families can register now to learn American Sign Language and Spanish together virtually through EMS ISD’s World Languages Academy. This unique language enrichment program provides a way for parents and their children to learn a language together and build cultural awareness. Taught by certified EMS ISD educators, the program currently offers courses in Spanish and American Sign Language.
Courses will be offered online beginning the last week in September.
- Session I will be offered on Mondays September 28 – December 7 from 6-7:30 pm.
- Session II will be held on Mondays January 25 – March 29 from 6-7:30 pm.
Additional program details:
- Open to grades 2-5 (with parent/guardian) or grades 6-8
- Free to EMS ISD students; Adults cost $45 per session
Sign up on the district’s course registration website. Limited virtual seating is available. Registrants who have been placed on a waiting list will be notified.
How to Save to One Drive
All Remote Learners Still Have Access to the WMS Library. Click the PDF below for more information.
Upcoming Spirit Days
John Fahey, Principal
Kayla Livingston, Assistant Principal (A-L)
Andrea Lasher, Assistant Principal (M-Z)