Kelsa Henry Remy ~ Indigenous Perspective Coach QMPS
Pole 6 ~ Faith
Grades K - 4 Faith Activity Ideas.
- ABC's of Our Spiritual Connection ~ Kim Soo Goodtrack
- Franklin and the Thunderstorm
- Franklin is Lost
2. Trust exercises (see pdf file below)
We must learn to believe and trust others, to believe in a power greater than ourselves whom we worship and who gives us strength to be worthy member of the human race.
Grades 5 - 8 Faith Activity Ideas
- Who do you trust? Why?
- How can you show trust? What does it look and sound like?
- How does trust affect your body and your actions?
- When can trust be difficult? Why?
- Do we need trust in our lives?
- What do you believe in?
2. The following is a list of books that may help to supplement your Faith Tipi Teaching:
- The Sacred Tree ~ Judy Bopp
- A Plain's Indian Story
- The Vision Seeker ~ James Whetung
- Spirituality ~ Simone Rose
- Beyond the Ridge ~ Paul Goble
3. Trust Activities (see pdf file below)
I have faith in the Creator. The Creator has provided me with everything beautiful.
Pole 7 ~ Kinship
Grades K - 4 Kinship Activity Ideas
- Franklin and Harriet ~ Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark
- Franklin and the Baby ~ Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark
- Franklin's Baby Sister ~ Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark
- My Kokum Called Today ~ Iris Loewen
- Alfred's Summer ~ Darrell Pelletier
2. Do the family tree activity.
Our family is important to us. This includes our parents, our brothers and sisters who love us and give us roots; the roots that tie us to life blood of the earth. It also includes extended
family - grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins and their in-laws and children. These are also our brothers and sisters and they give us a sense of belonging to the community.
Grades 5 - 8 Kinship Activity Ideas
- Kinship is connections with other people. Describe a connection you have with someone.
- Kinship is belonging. What does it mean to belong?
- How does belonging affect your body and your actions?
- How does belonging affect your thinking and feelings?
- Why is a sense of belonging important?
- How can family members work together in a positive way?
2. The following is a list of books that may help to supplement your Kinship Tipi Teaching:
- The First Strawberries ~ Joseph Bruchac
3. Complete a family tree. (I have included a Family Tree Project, as an example of what can be done. It is important to highlight the importance of kinship and the influence our family has on our lives).
My family is important to me. My family includes; my mom, dad, brothers, sisters, grandparents uncles, aunts, and cousins.