Pride of the Tribe
Week of December 10, 2018
Help Has Arrived!
Some things to remember...
- Don't let students in the classroom without a badge.
- Don't let students leave your classroom without a hall pass and a badge.
- Limit those "frequent fliers" on roaming the halls during class.
We are trying to give you a choice. If you don't complete the Tribe Time survey we will decide your placement for you.
Student Clubs and Organizations
I would love to see a Justice Committee formed and does anyone know sign language? That might be a hit, too!
Don't forget we need a copy of your final and please reread info below!
- All courses will administer a final. Remember, finals are worth 20% of the final grade.
- Remind students who will be absent during finals that they must complete a form in the office with Mr. Brown. Makeup exams will be given January 7th @ 8:00am.
- We must have a copy of every final and the answer key before we leave for Christmas Break. Please give them to Mr. Brown
- For each student who is absent during finals, we must have a copy with their name on it turned in before we leave for Christmas Break. Please also give them to Mr. Brown.
Nuts & Bolts
- PLEASE BE AT YOUR DOOR DURING PASSING PERIODS.
- PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE STUDENTS BEFORE THE BELL RINGS, EVEN AT 3:45.
- We are seeing some of the same students out of the classroom each period. Please, please limit students from leaving your classroom. Be alert as to them taking backpacks with them, etc.
- Badges, Badges, Badges...We must get consistent in checking badges when students enter the classroom. Too many times I see students coming down to get a badge later in the day. CONSISTENCY BEGINS WITH US, THE ADULTS.
- Be sure you are contacting parents of any student who is currently failing your classes and document in SchoolStatus.
Our Top Ten SchoolStatus Communicators!
- CTE/Elective Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Sam's Club Vist in the Lounge
- SISD Board Meeting @ 5:00pm
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Junior Ring Delivery During Lunches
- Girls Basketball @ SHS, 5:00pm
- Boys Basketball @ Springtown, 5:00pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Senior Citizen Luncheon
- EOC Biology/US History Retest
- Band Christmas Concert, 6:30pm
- Girls and Boys Basketball @ SHS, 5:00pm
Ugly Sweater Contest is December 19th
(Students can also participate in wearing an ugly sweater on the 19th)
I Leave You With This...
If students have a partner and are encouraged to share every 6-8 minutes, they discover what their partner is thinking. ~ Glenna Tabor
WE MUST GET IN THE POWER ZONE AND ENGAGE WITH KIDS.
COMPLACENCY HAS NO PLACE AT SANGER HIGH SCHOOL.