Franklin Friday News
August 13, 2021
- download the DashPass App, and open it when on campus. (This is how your scholar is released from the classroom.)
- display your placard.
- pull forward.
- stay in your vehicle.
- have your scholar sit on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- remember, PYP parents may come onto campus beginning at 2:10.
- remember, MYP parents may come onto campus beginning at 3:10.
- remind your scholar to watch for your car.
- be patient and polite.
IB Attribute of the Month-THINKER
The attribute of the month for August is Thinker. Students who are thinkers exercise initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems and make reasoned ethical decisions. Thinkers contribute to discussions in a meaningful way. They do not shy away from challenging questions and once they know the answer, they follow up by asking “Why?” At Franklin, we encourage students and staff to set goals, think critically and creatively, and show initiative to solve problems.
Here are a few ways to help your scholar develop his/her thinking skills at home:
- Encourage your child to engage in pretend play. Children are naturally curious and imaginative.
- Pause and wait. Give your child time to think for herself/himself. Be patient.
- Intervene only when necessary. Let your child explore on his/her own.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Help your scholar develop hypotheses.
- Encourage critical thinking in new and different ways.
- Leave time for unstructured play.
- Encourage your child to play and explore outside.
- Encourage creative thinking.
- Let your child experience failure, and then let him/her figure out how to turn the failure into a positive learning experience.
- Provide opportunities to visit children's museums and libraries.
- Allow your child to be bored. Have a "No Electronics Day" and give them time to show their creativity by doing something new.
- Demonstrate your thinking. Children learn through example.
If you see your scholar demonstrating exceptional thinking and/or growing in the attribute, please email Ms. Hanza at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can celebrate your scholar's growth!
Food Truck Friday
(Click to view the full year AB schedule.)
Sports Tryout Dates
Franklin Families, we need your help! Would you like to get more involved, be more informed, and support our school? Join the Franklin Academy PTO! We are an organization of parents and teachers who have a collective mission to support and improve our school. What do you have to do if you’re in PTO? You can be as involved as you wish. Absolutely no commitment of time is required of you, but you’ll have access to our meetings, volunteer opportunities, and a role in our decision-making. Our first meeting is on August 31, 2021, at 6:30 PM in the cafeteria. Attending meetings is totally optional, but you will earn one family service hour for attending. To join and learn more about PTO, visit Tinyurl.com/PTO-Perks.
Did you know that the PTO runs a program that reimburses teachers for personal money spent on classroom supplies? The program is called Franklin Perks. Every year we ask for a suggested donation of $10 per child to fund this program. Teachers can submit receipts for up to $100 and be reimbursed. We need you, as this is entirely funded by parents. You can complete the form online at
tinyurl.com/pto-perks or you can complete the paper copy and send in a check or money order payable to Franklin Academy PTO.
This program is wonderful and we need you to help keep it going!
Are you interested in becoming a room parent? Join our PTO and get involved! A room parent is someone who supports the classroom and teacher. He/She helps organize parties, teacher gifts, donations for classroom supplies, and facilitate communication and relationships among the classroom parents.
Learn more and volunteer today at tinyurl.com/PTO-Perks.
Franklin Academy participates in the National School Lunch Program and free or reduced pricing will be available for those that meet the guidelines.
If you already applied online for Free & Reduced Lunch Meal Benefits and have application status questions, please email email@example.com
Franklin Academy participa en el programa nacional de almuerzos escolares y los precios gratuitos o reducidos estarán disponibles para aquellos que cumplan con las pautas.
Si ya ha presentado su solicitud en línea para obtener beneficios de comidas gratis y reducidas y tiene preguntas sobre el estado de la solicitud, envíe un correoelectrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org
Uniforms are required and our dress code is enforced.
Students are required to wear a polo shirt with the school logo and navy bottoms.
Uniforms must be purchased from our vendor to ensure equity and safety.
Place your uniform order online at: www.iuniforms.com
iUniforms provides Free Shipping and Easy Exchanges with a FREE Return Label included in every order.
- Ensure you are logged into your account before you start shopping.
- If you are unsure of your size, please visit the Sizing Kiosk in the school lobby.
- To set up a sizing appointment at iUniforms, please contact Service@iUniforms.com