Baltz Weekly Announcements
May 21, 2023
Things to Know This Week....
This week all students will be going to the Big Free Scholastic Book Fair! All students will choose 3 books and will get a 4th title from our fair's sponsor Highmark Health.
Students in 2nd, 4th and 5th grades are taking the iReady assessments in Reading and Math. (3rd Grade completed their testing last week). Students take the iReady 3 times each year. Remind your child to try their best, get a good night's sleep, and eat a healthy breakfast. Every student has a growth goal. We want to see them achieve these goals this spring!
The MTSS Carnival is happening during school for all grades on Friday, May 26. This is the biggest Monthly Event that we have! Students have the chance to come to the Carnival by paying $35 Bear Bucks. They can also buy lots of upgrades with their Bucks...such as extra turns in the Bounce House or on the Big slide. There will be lots of games, music, snacks, and fun! We are looking forward to this big event!
There is no school on May 29th in observance of Memorial Day.
Mark your calendars for Field Day on Friday June 2nd....
Parents/Guardians are welcome to attend as spectators. The schedule for the grades is:
- Kindergarten and First Grade - 9:15 am-11 am
- Second and Third grades - 11:30 am-1:15 pm
- Fourth and Fifth Grades - 1:30 am-3:15 pm
Confirmations for the Baltz Spring into Learning Summer STEM Program were sent home last week. Wait list notices will go home this week.
Please contact Amy O'Neill if you have any questions. email@example.com
PTA Fundraiser - Rita's Night - More Fundraising/Savings Ahead
Thank you to everyone who came out to Rita's last Monday night. Good News...the Rita's is going to let us continue our PTA fundraising through the end of school.
We will have Rita's 10% discount cards for sale for $5. They are good at all Rita's locations through the end of October 2023.
They will be available in the office this week and details about how to order your card will be sent home soon.
Library Book Return Challenge Continues This Week...
Congratulations to Mrs. Varady's class and Mrs. Ellison's class who have crossed the finish line already with 100% of the books returned!
Calendar Notes for this Week...
Days for Specials- Students should wear sneakers for the day when they have Phys. Ed.
Monday = Day 1
Tuesday = Day 2
Wednesday = Day 3
Thursday = Day 4
Friday = Day 5
Important Upcoming Dates- Scroll Down
- Link to the Year-Long Calendar at a Glance.
Please come through the car line if you are driving to pick your child up.
Do not park your car in the neighborhood to pick up/drop off children
Please drive slowly when you are near the school.
View this newsletter in other languages. Ver este boletín en otros idiomas.
Click Below to View the Year's Calendar At a Glance.
Important Upcoming Dates
Week of May 22- May 26 - Big, Free - Scholastic Book Fair!
May 26th - MTSS Carnival - Students pay Bear Bucks to participate in so much fun!
May 29th - No School - Memorial Day
May 31st - Author Visit - virtual!
June 2nd - Field Day - schedule to come
June 6th - Band, Strings, and Chorus Concert 6:30 pm
June 7th - Kindergarten Move Up Ceremony - 9:30 am
June 8th - Fifth Grade Move Up Ceremony - 10 am
June 9th - Last Day of School- End of MP 4- Report Cards will be mailed.
What's on the Menu this Week?
Recurring Information - Included for Your Reference
Recurring Reminders below. Scroll down past the General Reminders. There is a lot of information included that you will need for the upcoming weeks.
Some General Reminders:
- The doors open and car line begins to unload at 8:45 sharp. There is no supervision for children before this time.
- School begins at 9 am. Students who arrive after this time are tardy. Please have your students arrive on time.
- All students are eligible to receive free breakfast and Lunch at Baltz.
- If you are driving to Baltz, you should join the car line. No parents should park on adjoining streets and walk over to drop off/pick up children. Families must join the car line if you are arriving at Baltz to pickup/drop off by car.
- If your child's dismissal routine is different for a day, please call the office and dojo the teacher so that your child will be dismissed in the correct location for pickup.
Student Based Health Center
The School Day
School Day is 9:00- 3:40. Doors open at 8:45 am. Dismissal begins at 3:40 pm.
The doors open at 8:45 each day. The front doors open for walkers and bus riders to enter the building and the car line begins moving each day at 8:45 am, sharp. There is NO SUPERVISION for students before 8:45am. For the safety of all, students should not arrive on campus until 8:45am. Students will have the opportunity for Grab and Go breakfast and to be in their classroom for the start of instruction at 9 am. It is so important that students are in their classroom for the start of instruction.
- Bus Riders will de-board the bus in the front circle and enter the front doors.
- Walkers will come to the front door to enter the building.
- Parents of Car Riders will enter the car line on the district side of the building to drop off your child(ren) in the back lot. Please have your child ready to exit the passenger side of the car. Staff will be present to open the doors and assist students as they get out of the car.
Our parking lot is very busy in the morning. Parents will not be allowed to enter the parking lot in the morning to drop off children, all cars should come through Car Line. Parking nearby and walking over is not permitted. These routines are designed to keep everyone safe.
In order to provide safety for all of our students, we have a closed campus beginning at 3:15. No students will be released for early dismissal after 3:15 unless it has been pre-arranged with the office.
Our dismissal will begin at 3:40 p.m. At Dismissal:
- Family members who are meeting walkers should meet them by the gated area near the little playground.
- Parents who arrive by car should join the car line. Parking nearby and walking over is not permitted.
- For parents of children picking up by car, please stay in your car and enter the car line on the district side of the building.
- Bus riders will be escorted to the bus by staff members.
Dress Code and Supplies for School
Uniforms and Supplies 22-23
What is the Baltz Dress Code? Guidelines: Students should wear clean clothes that are free of holes/rips and are weather-appropriate for the season. Sweaters, Sweatshirts, Tops: Shirts, sweaters and sweatshirts should be clean and have school-appropriate words and pictures, covering skin complet...
Please send your child with a bookbag and pencils.
View the link above for other suggested supplies for each grade. These are optional.
We do not require uniforms but do have Dress Code Guidelines
Breakfast and Lunch
There is no charge for breakfast or lunch for Baltz students. Additionally, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable snacks will be provided to all students twice a week. Other snacks may be available for students to purchase during lunches.
Chromebooks for Learning
K-2 students will have chromebooks in school. Students in 3-5 will take them from home to school.
This year students in grades K, 1 and 2 will have access to Chromebooks for learning in their classrooms while students in grades 3, 4, and 5 will bring their devices back and forth from home to school.
Signed Technology Agreements and Insurance Payments will be required for students in grades 3, 4, and 5, only.
Once the agreement and payments have been received, Chromebooks will be distributed to students. It is important that your child charges their Chromebook at home each night and then brings it back to school the next day.
Agreements will be available during the Meet and Greet and during the first week of school.
Links to the Agreements are included below for your convenience, if you'd like to print/sign/return to the office.
Online forms for the Technology Agreement will be:
Payment Directions- cash/check payable to the school. Credit Card payments available online.
- Remind your student to wear their badges daily to scan onto the bus as they board in the mornings and the afternoons.
- Would you like to track the location of your child's bus? Sign up for the free Where's the Bus App!
- Click Create Account
- Select Red Clay School District (DE) from the school drop-down list.
- Add the student info (Last Name and Student ID) for the student you want to signup
- Finish the account set up by entering your email and creating a password