Gifted & Beyond
Worrier to Warrior
Teaching Our Students to Move from Worrier to Warrior
A lesson on facing our fears!
Great student-friendly (could be flipped for older kids to explore idendependently) about biological responses of anxiety, how to control it at the onset, and ways to combat it. Pretty impactful for GTi kids who suffer with anxiety, but are usually told to "not worry", or "you're smart... why do you care about the test/project/etc."
Step Away From the Bullet Points
- Click here to download the PDF with embedded links
TIme for a "Provolution"
- that gifted students are significantly more likely to forget or mislearn science and mathematics content when they are forced to review and drill it more than two to three times.
- mathematically precocious students are more likely to retain science and mathematics content accurately when it has been presented two to three times faster than the "normal" pace of a traditional mixed ability class
Then why are we FORCING gifted learners to sit in 90 minutes of math/science instruction each day? We need a PROVOLUTION!
- Click here to download the PDF presentation
- Click here to email me and schedule time(s) to discuss, create, and implement pre-assessments in math and science
Creative Thinking for the High Ability Student: Going Beyond the Basics
- click here to download the PDF presentation with student work samples, and lesson ideas
Using Technology to Differentiate for Gifted Students
Sample measurement problem: A jogger runs 3 miles around the Lincoln Memorial every morning. If she stays on the sidewalk about how many times would she circle the
- click here to download the PDF presentation with embedded links
- most of the downloads on www.realwordmath.org need Sketch Up, or Google Earth
- to access the teacher section of www.realworldmath.org, use the password "mango"