Oakwood Principal's Office
What's Going on in the Principal's Office?!
My Challenge to You...
Take about 4 minutes to watch this video by Dan Meyer on Real World Math. I know. You are thinking, but I do not teach Math. Here is what I want you to think about and reflect upon.
Think back to when I told the entire faculty that I give you permission to fail. I give you permission to think outside of the box, to be innovative, to try something different. This video is an example of what can happen when educators do just that.
As you watch this video think about your innovative ideas for teaching. Are you trying them, or do you have a plan in place to put them in motion? Reflect upon the last two weeks. Were your lessons relevant to your learners world? If so, how so? If not, how can you create your coming lessons so that they are relevant to your learners world?
Let's start a conversation. I will be available ALL DAY on this Thursday to sit and visit with you during your conference period. Lets talk about how learning and relevance in your class. I have cold bottle water, iced tea, Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper, V8, & even some chocolate ensure drinks. If you like, I will be happy to come to your team. Come by and see me or email me and I will come to you.
Think. Achieve. Succeed.
This week is the start of the third week for the 1st 6 weeks. Please make sure that you are following the district grading guidelines.
- At least 3 grades (including 1 Academic Achievement grade) must be recorded and reported by the end of the 3rd week progress report; the requirement for 1 Academic Achievement grade by progress report time is waived for the 1st and 4th six weeks of the school year.
Remember that Open House is THIS TUESDAY. Please wear your green staff shirt for Open House. Along with the handout that was sent home with students in Success on Friday, I emailed via school messenger a reminder and a copy of the flyer. PTO will provide food.
Thank you for all that you are doing to provide the best possible education for our students. I receive compliments all the time about how great of a staff you are and I agree 100%. You make the difference for Oakwood.
An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail. ~Edwin Land
Week at a Glance
Tuesday: LPAC Training 9:00-3:00; Open House 5:30 - 7:30
Wednesday: Leaders of Learning 8:30-11:30; PTO Meeting 12:00-1:00
Thursday: Relevance Conversations
Friday: Homeless Training 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Mrs. Ramirez will be attending the CPI Refresher
- Mr. Mann will be attending the LPAC training (required for all principals)
- Mr. Mann, Mrs. Ramirez, Mrs. Kennedy, and Mrs. Ashcraft will be attending the Leaders of Learning training. This training is a district initiative, with 4 reps from each campus for the training sessions
- Mrs. Amestoy and Dr. Austin are the teacher reps for the PTO. The meeting will be held in the library
- I will be available all day Thursday for Relevance Conversations
- Mrs. Haferkamp and Mrs. Graebner will attend homeless training for Oakwood