School Year 2021-2022
I am writing you to share some important information with you. Please read this newsletter in its entirety. As always, please feel free to contact the school with any questions or concerns. Thank you!
NEW SCHOOL HOURS
If your student is a car rider or walker, please make sure that he/she is here on time. Especially if he/she wants to eat breakfast before the first class.
COVID-19 Protocols and Decision Tree
Team Success will follow the COVID-19 guidelines and protocols implemented by the FLDOE, Governor DeSantis, and the Manatee County School Disctrict. Below are important links and documents.
The school will continue to update any information received by the FLDOE and the Florida Department of Health. Decisions regarding COVID-19 will be based on circumstances in Manatee County and specifically in our schools.
Team Success will follow the directive given by the Florida Department of Education and Manatee County School District and will open with a voluntary face/mask covering policy.
Team Success will adhere to the updated COVID-19 Protocols as suggested by the district:
- Empower families to make their own informed choices regarding the use of facemasks/coverings and vaccines.
- Continue thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all classrooms and school areas.
- Maintain ample supplies of hand sanitizer, continue emphasis on hand washing protocols and have additional COVID protection materials in stock and available.
- Continue to inform students, families and employees regarding accessibility for COVID vaccinations.
- Continue to provide the community with updates regarding positive cases in our schools.
- Parents will be notified of positive cases via Connect-Ed messages so they can make informed decisions about their child’s attendance.
- Ensure students with specialized needs receive appropriate care.
- All students and employees who test COVID positive or are symptomatic with flu like symptoms cannot attend their school or report to their job site.
- Students with COVID symptoms during the school day will be isolated and parents or guardians will be notified to pick up their child. DOH may make further recommendations.
- Continue to utilize social distancing, hallway transition patterns, personal spacing, and other strategies when possible and appropriate.
- Teachers continue to operate their classrooms in the safest manner possible.
- Continue our all-encompassing approach to behavioral and mental health support services to students.
- Ensure school nurses are properly trained and ready to handle COVID related cases.
- Communicate County COVID testing sites to all parents, students, and employees.