Keeping Up With Kindergarten
Mrs. Enright's Class
November 13, 2015
We celebrated two birthdays since our last newsletter was sent out. Happy 6th birthday to William D. and Marissa! Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. DyReyes and Mrs. Dunham for the great stories and treats for the kids.
What's Happening in the Classroom?
Math: We are starting to work with patterns in our math explorations! We are starting with recognizing patterns in the classroom and building our own AB patterns using unifix cubes. The students are doing so well with building and recognizing patterns that we will be moving on to more challenging patterns. Next week we will begin to dive into measurement using our own body height as a tool to use the terms longer, shorter, and equal.
Social Studies: We were so excited to learn about our country's heroes with our study and culminating project for Veteran's Day! We watched a short Discovery Education video about the history of Veteran's Day and how people celebrate it throughout the country with parades, speeches, and giving letters or gifts to veterans. We learned that it is a special day to celebrate and give thanks to the people who protect our country.
Quick Notes & Reminders
- Student council is holding a Thanksgiving food drive for families in need. Our class is in charge of collecting canned vegetables. If you are feeling generous this Thanksgiving season, we would appreciate any donations!
- Library books are due back Friday, November 20th. I will also send a text reminder Thursday night!
- Wednesday, November 25th is a half day. AM Kindergarten will dismiss at 10:55 on this day.
- There is no school November 26th or 27th for Thanksgiving break.
- The book fair will be held on Sunday, December 6th from 11am-3pm at Barnes & Noble on Haddonfield Rd.